Social How Walmart, Delta, Chevron and Starbucks are using AI to monitor employee messages

So you are going behind your staff's back to see how they feel about the company? Have you thought about directly engaging with your staff for these types of purposes and have them actually be open about their sentiment so they are involved with the shaping of the company rather than checking their messages behind their back which can potentially be abused.
We obviously do that too.

I don’t know where the “behind their back” is from. It’s A. Anonymous and B. Obvious and C. Outlined in the offer letter

Exactly. My company has the right to discipline me if I post anything on social media that might bring the company into disrepute. I've known employees to be given Final Written Warnings for something they posted on Facebook.

Thank God the company doesn't know about my Stormfront account...:oops:
If you post it on a company computer — we see that too.

I just assumed any company owned messaging software can be monitored anyway. The terms of employment specifically state this in any job I’ve worked.
Exactly. No idea why this is groundbreaking for anyone

Yeah I don’t need IT to pull messages. It’s just user access.

I can attest that in my 15 years of experience at the highest levels of both the finance and tech industry it’s literally a common occurrence across the board. It had been for as long as machine learning and internal communications existed. The idea that communication on internal channels are private is absolutely not the case. Your instance is the first I’ve ever even heard of it.

Either you’re in a very conservative company that doesn’t believe in data or it’s happening and you don’t know.

Hell, if you are a state government employee in my state, the public can just request your emails/Microsoft Teams messages with an application.

Executive directors usually have final call and what is and isn't redacted.

Create new job for example.
I had worked in conservative company and all e-mails and internal messages & SMS were strictly according to Codex....sentiment might had " found " only some parasites lurking to keep their jobs....
Otherwise boring and damn boring polite standard type texts ....

Yeah when I worked at Tesla, if our building's IT guy wanted to talk freely he'd talk to me in the breakroom or where cameras weren't covering. Then the manager who sat next to me would have me go inspect the trucks with him so he could talk freely.
I used their messenger to talk to a friend who also worked for Tesla. I knew her from the bar I worked at but we wouldn't talk over messenger like we did at the bar.

I just assumed any company owned messaging software can be monitored anyway. The terms of employment specifically state this in any job I’ve worked.
You are correct. Depending on what you have running in the background damn near every click you make can be logged and viewed. I'd be the first to tell you be on your p's and q's about what you do and say on your work computer. On the flipside there are some principles involved in how that data is used. Basically outside of certain required instances many in IT do not like using that type of info. Similar example is productivity monitoring stuff. It is perfectly fair game to use it, but it is absolutely loathed.

As the resident HR guy, this is old news. All internal messages have always been accessible and always monitored for sentiment.

If you think we ARENT reading everything you say, you’re simply naive.

It’s very important for retention efforts and sentiment analysis.

It’s also really funny when people get fired to be able to read them the things that led to their firing.

- A friend of mine is asking, if you guys can see when he uses private navegation mode?

- A friend of mine is asking, if you guys can see when he uses private navegation mode?
Yes.
While so much computers and smarfones are awailable & connections methods plus there you might bring in your own personal smartphone and use such to chat somewhere ....ofc you should have your own smartphone for example, while also you are paying nerwork operator for this not your company....
While in the same time smartphone and computer issued by employer use only for job tasks....
___
While sometimes monitoring is good thing.
For example when in this conservative company I had mobile and PC issued by boss and in these old days bills about mobile calls were more detailed....also job e-mail had helped....
Cos I didn't had to sit 8 hours work day just in office....and cos this it was good stuff: I might be sure that they if want might see that I had sent e-mails and had called clients and so on....
Also good safety net in cases if someone had told that I didn't had sent him letter or didn't had called....

As the resident HR guy, this is old news. All internal messages have always been accessible and always monitored for sentiment.

If you think we ARENT reading everything you say, you’re simply naive.

It’s very important for retention efforts and sentiment analysis.

It’s also really funny when people get fired to be able to read them the things that led to their firing.
You're literally a drone from 1984 reading over people's thoughts .

Back