How to train muscles to burn out not as fast(in grappling)? | Page 3

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by 15089371, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Cmart Aspiring Milo

Cmart
    Announcer: "...at six feet even, he weighed in at 220 pounds..."

How many times have I read that this is a guy who, and I'll quote: "fights at 170"

???

ASUThermo and ens189 like this.
  2. NurseKnuckles My Mom's stronger than you belt

NurseKnuckles
    Maybe its a case where he is losing at 220 so thinks its easier to beat up smaller people.

3. Cmart Aspiring Milo

Cmart
    That's logical. And don't get me wrong, I respect a guy who gets in the ring at all, skilled or not, in shape or not, win or lose. I love the sport and it takes balls to fight.

However, claiming to "fight at 170," what happened in the video? He decided to just take a fight at his walking around weight of 50 pounds heavier? Does any good fighter cut 50 pounds?

I just don't understand the "I fight at 170" claim for a 220 pound dude, who said he was what, 240 recently in an earlier thread? Am I missing something?

I mean, it isn't unprecedented for a fighter to become grossly overweight and then cut over time to get back to their preferred division, and there are guys (I think of GSP) who walk around significantly heavier than their weigh-in weight. But again, we're talking an order of magnitude here. GSP walked around at maybe 190 to fight at 170?

To me, it's just an odd thing to claim to be a welterwight-in-waiting and meanwhile, actually be a demonstrable and admitted heavyweight. I guess I just don't get why.

4. GordoBarraBJJ Silver Belt

GordoBarraBJJ
    <LikeReally5>
    <{clintugh}>

5. BOWHUNTER Gender: Attack Chopper

BOWHUNTER
    TS is a fag

6. Palis ♔ President of the War Room

Palis
    @flikerstance is radio silent.

Great thread guys, good stuff.

ASUThermo and BOWHUNTER like this.
  7. BOWHUNTER Gender: Attack Chopper

BOWHUNTER
    LMAO you're straight garbage

Palis likes this.
  8. Thunderhead Assman Extraordinaire

Thunderhead
    Palis likes this.
  9. ens189 ELI-te Belt

ens189
    You're welcome Mr. President.

Palis likes this.
  10. MeatPlow Orange Belt

MeatPlow
    Its been awhile since I have been involved in any forums, just some drive by stuff. I agree, this place used to be great with loads of good advice. In my eyes fighters and martial artists should steer clear of drama and bickering. We have guys who go hard and guys that go easy in my gym, I appreciate all of them because none of them are douchebags. It provides balance. All of them complain about my pressure!

Anyway, I had the same problem with my forearms getting so pumped I couldn't grip anything. I learned when to grip and when to relax. I tried doing towel work, fat bar stuff, closing and opening my hands 100's of times, none of these worked. I didn't have a strength or endurance issue, I simply didn't know when to relax the grip. You can go hard without using so much strength that it turns into an isometric roll! Focusing on technique when you go hard will allow you to figure out when to use your strength when applicable. Fatigue is normal, you are never going to escape it. The degree of the fatigue I experience during hard rolls is always due to lack of technique in bad positions.

Do you do Gi and No-Gi work? I have found a little trick that helps me with no-gi wrist control and I do it when I roll with the Gi too. I don't try to grip the wrist hard when I have wrist control. I loosen my grip, almost like making a ring around their wrists and let it slide down to the base of the hand and I can pull easy against the hand without killing my grip.

NurseKnuckles likes this.
  11. ASUThermo Wide Right: ╚╦╝ ○

ASUThermo
    Maybe he took the fight on only a few days or 19 minutes notice? Those UFC shorts are bad ass though.