How to train muscles to burn out not as fast(in grappling)?

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone the best type of exercise to make muscles burnout less faster? Especially when I grapple/bjj the first thing that always gives out are my arms, at some point namely my arms always just give out, my underarms are tense as hell and my grip strength disappears for most part.

I've been doing a lot pullups/ muscle ups which does help the case but I was wondering if there's any other method and what's the best way to train namely the arms muscles from burning out(slower).
Any tips or advice are welcome!

Grapple more often.
If you cant do that then training with thicker bars/grips will improve arm and grip strength. Use an axel bar, perfrom chin ups on a thick bar/towel or buy a pair of fatgripz. None are as good as grappling more often, but they should help.

You're relying too much on grip, holding on to grips to long, and staying too tense.

You can train grip, like towel pull ups, but this will always be an issue until you learn better technique

You're relying too much on grip, holding on to grips to long, and staying too tense.

You can train grip, like towel pull ups, but this will always be an issue until you learn better technique
I think you're probably right, just with my whole style still relying on lot on strength and conditioning. I guess it's time to seriously focus on technique

As an addition to what you currently do look up super high rep training. Your sets will be with weight you can do 30 to 100 times with very little stopping. This is a way to train the slow twitch that don't get used as much during the lower rep schemes. It helps increase blood flow to tendons, ligaments, and cartilage as well.

Lighter, longer, multiple partner, continuous roll without ego.

Accept when you get swept clean or subbed. Focus on offensive rather than too much defense.

Loosen up amd take risks. It's a roll.

As an addition to what you currently do look up super high rep training. Your sets will be with weight you can do 30 to 100 times with very little stopping. This is a way to train the slow twitch that don't get used as much during the lower rep schemes. It helps increase blood flow to tendons, ligaments, and cartilage as well.
Cool, I will definitely do this as I almost never do high rep things. Do you know what exercises I could do high rep for grappling?

hehe I feel my ego is still very much in the way even after 4-5 years now, I just can't go light, I always go to the end of the world to get top position and win. At the same time I know this causes me to resort to things I know very well and prevents me from trying out new things. It still absolutely eats me from inside if a teammate gets a sub on me or is 100% dominant.
Get the fuck over yourself.

hehe I feel my ego is still very much in the way even after 4-5 years now, I just can't go light...

If that's how it is, do everyone a service: Quit grappling.

People who can't go light in grappling are a nuisance and a hazard. It's a good thing that you're a marshmallow of a human specimen or you'd just be more of a problem for the people who have to roll with you.

Shame on whoever runs your gym for allowing ego-driven nonsense on the mat, ever. You should have been shown the door after maybe one warning.

Alternately, change your attitude, grow up, find a strength program if that's what you feel you lack, and check back once you've worked it diligently for twelve weeks. No one here has a magic bullet to cure your weakness -- especially the weakness of character you purport to exhibit on the mat.

If that's how it is, do everyone a service: Quit grappling.

People who can't go light in grappling are a nuisance and a hazard. It's a good thing that you're a marshmallow of a human specimen or you'd just be more of a problem for the people who have to roll with you.

First of all calm your tits down wuss. From what I read you think I'm some meathead punk who tries to break everyone and has no respect. I won't go hard on someone less experienced who's just trying to learn or on someone who wants to go light. Most of the time I just go up against the guys who compete a lot where it's just never a light spar. It's competitive and really nobody in the competition team likes losing it's that simple, but it's on a healthy level and we all stay respectful. If I really was like that, then in all that time somebody would've addressed an issue with me right? But nobody has so you can piss off with your little say actually thinking you know who I am.

I'm not looking for a magical bullet, I'm just looking for better methods and possibilities out there that could possibly help me deal with it better, you have a problem with that as well?
Also wanted to let you know that I'm stuck to it for life, too bad for you mate.

First of all calm your tits down wuss. From what I read you think I'm some meathead punk who tries to break everyone and has no respect. I won't go hard on someone less experienced who's just trying to learn or on someone who wants to go light. Most of the time I just go up against the guys who compete a lot where it's just never a light spar. It's competitive and really nobody in the competition team likes losing it's that simple, but it's on a healthy level and we all stay respectful. If I really was like that, then in all that time somebody would've addressed an issue with me right? But nobody has so you can piss off with your little say actually thinking you know who I am.

I'm not looking for a magical bullet, I'm just looking for better methods and possibilities out there that could possibly help me deal with it better, you have a problem with that as well?
Also wanted to let you know that I'm stuck to it for life, too bad for you mate.

Walked back that original statement pretty quick once you were called on it. And then comes the tough talk... from the guy who came here to ask for help because he's weak. I don't know who you think you're impressing here, but it isn't me. Good luck bringing your shit up to par, and chill out before you hurt yourself or someone else. That's as good of advice as you'll get.

Walked back that original statement pretty quick once you were called on it. And then comes the tough talk... from the guy who came here to ask for help because he's weak. I don't know who you think you're impressing here, but it isn't me. Good luck bringing your shit up to par, and chill out before you hurt yourself or someone else. That's as good of advice as you'll get.
It's obvious I can't take you serious, since you're dumb as hell. How about you gtfo since it's obvious you're not capable of giving advice on something you have no clue about wuss. Only looking for serious people.

It's obvious I can't take you serious, since you're dumb as hell. How about you gtfo since it's obvious you're not capable of giving advice on something you have no clue about wuss. Only looking for serious people.
Get back to me when you've put a little strength work in, I'll get you some advice. Can't really work with people whose ego is so (admittedly) out of line with their capabilities.

Get a training log started, you'll get some feedback and accountability, along with a little well-needed humility.

theres also alot of 3 stripe white belts and beginner blues here who try to give bad advice so you shouldnt take much of what anyone says here serious cause you know none of these guys would say it to your face in real life out of fear of being smashed.

theres also alot of 3 stripe white belts and beginner blues here who try to give bad advice so you shouldnt take much of what anyone says here serious cause you know none of these guys would say it to your face in real life out of fear of being smashed.

Also, careful if you ask for diet advice around here. Some guys have a little trouble watching their weight.

Also, careful if you ask for diet advice around here. Some guys have a little trouble watching their weight.
lol you wish you could even fight professional you bum im fighting for rizin in 8 months lol only in your dreams bum

lol you wish you could even fight professional you bum im fighting for rizin in 8 months lol only in your dreams bum

I'd like to see how you'd do in a fourth grade spelling bee.

They'd probably have snacks there; added bonus for you.

Back