How to throw the savate kick like Jon Jones uses?

BringBackTRTforFairness

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
BriefGlossyCaracal.gif

I even watched a you tube tutorial on this kick that shows how to do (human weapon show) it but I wanted to know some finer details that wernt covered.

1) Is it a push kick I am presuming its a linear push kick like a straight punch but it just has a time efficient way of clambering right above the opponents knee before it is then pushed down onto the knee (without much room to gain speed and power) but none the less is quite powerful

2) Do you push the leg onto their knee with the hips or with the leg? Do you push with the buttocks like in muay thai or do you push with the quads etc?

3) When you "chamber" this kick do you lean back? do you push your hips forward? Do you merely lift the leg any how ? Before you thrust it into their knee?

What Jone Jones do here is what is called in Savate the "Coup bas". Theoretically, the target is the shin ( in savate, you wear shoes). Jone Jones hits above the knee but the motion is exactly the same.

What Jone Jones do here is what is called in Savate the "Coup bas". Theoretically, the target is the shin ( in savate, you wear shoes). Jone Jones hits above the knee but the motion is exactly the same.

Is that another type of kick because it looks more like a soccer kick or a front kick with the inside of the foot.

It does not look like a push kick or like a piston motion that Jone Jones appears to be doing? Nothing that will hyper extend the knee joint?

I think its a DIFFERENT kick from savate, and its purely a street fighting kick ie its meant to be done with shoes on to attack the shin.

But theres another kick from savate thats piston like and aims to attack the knee, this kick is better suited to mma since they dont wear shoes......

Its confusing because they both look the same but the difference is one is linear like a straight punch the other arcs like an uppercut

The linear one however appears to arc like an uppercut and for 90% of the motion it is but the last 10% of the kick it becomes something else.

I watched more carefully and i agree with you. I think it s a kind of mix beetween the "coup bas" and the "chassé latéral bas"

The difference is Jon Jones doesn t chamber his leg like in the the chassé latéral ( on this video, the boxer does it too high ... ).
JJ doesn t pivot his foot on the inside like in the Chassé Latéral but on the outside ( like in the "coup bas")

I m talking about the savate codification, i think this kick exists in some traditionnal MA.

( In Savate, you always use hips in all kicks, the difference with muay thai is that rules oblige you to chamber the leg)

I personnaly hate this kind of technique which are dangerous for knees.

I watched more carefully and i agree with you. I think it s a kind of mix beetween the "coup bas" and the "chassé latéral bas"

The difference is Jon Jones doesn t chamber his leg like in the the chassé latéral ( on this video, the boxer does it too high ... ).
JJ doesn t pivot his foot on the inside like in the Chassé Latéral but on the outside ( like in the "coup bas")

I m talking about the savate codification, i think this kick exists in some traditionnal MA.

( In Savate, you always use hips in all kicks, the difference with muay thai is that rules oblige you to chamber the leg)

I personnaly hate this kind of technique which are dangerous for knees.

what are you the educational savate troll?

Thats a different kick again

Just trying to answer to your question... Agressiveness is useless here.

looks like a jkd kick called dum tek (Stamp kick) Savate and wing chun both have a kick like that and both arts influenced jkd

Back