How to throw a liver punch? What is that thing? A hook or a straight punch?

30pcBeefFat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I watched bas do it and it looks like a right cross with the elbow still flared but down rather than up, (so a straight punch) it didn't look like a low straight right mind you, nor did it look like a low hook or a shovel hook.

Also how is it done with the left hand?

I watched bas do it and it looks like a right cross with the elbow still flared but down rather than up, (so a straight punch) it didn't look like a low straight right mind you, nor did it look like a low hook or a shovel hook.

Also how is it done with the left hand?
Where's the clip bro?

If squared you can throw the straight right to it but it's a lot harder to hit than the solar plexus.

I used to feign a high right cross to bring up the guard and then try to sneak the left hook up. Full pivot to a left hookercut 45deg angle upwards towards the bottom rib if they're orthodox and in a stance. Always follow up with something heavy you don't want to sit in the pocket with nothing like that.

I use my lead hand (left) and throw a hook to the liver, but I keep my knuckles pointed at the opponent instead of towards the sky like a hook to the head.

Where's the clip bro?

Thanks bros!

Throws it at 2:40 into the video

This punch has nothing to do with a hook or shovel hook am I right? Its a straight punch it travels in a straight line even though the elbow is bent. it looks like you are about to throw a shovel hook but then it goes straight instead of curved because you don't keep the elbow locked in place?

If the dummy wasn't in the way his arm would have straightened out? (Unlike a hook that stays locked at the elbow)

Last edited:

Thanks bros!

Throws it at 2:40 into the video

This punch has nothing to do with a hook or shovel hook am I right? Its a straight punch it travels in a straight line even though the elbow is bent. it looks like you are about to throw a shovel hook but then it goes straight instead of curved because you don't keep the elbow locked in place?

If the dummy wasn't in the way his arm would have straightened out? (Unlike a hook that stays locked at the elbow)

Looks exactly like a hook/shovel hook to me...I think it just looks linear because he's not squared up and hitting the ribs, but off to the side a bit and hitting more in the solar plexus area.

He says it just before your timestamp, at 2:25, what kind of punch it is. He says "it's not an uppercut, it's not a hook, it's not a straight, it's gonna be all of the above". So he blends them together to "dig it in" at the target, as he says.

It's not the liver dude, it's the spleen. The liver sits on the right side of the body.

It’s 2” below the right nipple. Throw a straight at it

It’s 2” below the right nipple. Throw a straight at it
What if your liver is damaged by alcoholism used to cope with crippling personal/professional failure. Is the target smaller or bigger?

Asking for a friend.

Its a mix, the way I'm taught was to get at the angle, have the arm drop to the position, and "dig" in, not scoop but dig into the liver. The hips do everything one I get the position aligned

Back