How to take a punch well? Minimise shock when hit?

I wouldn't know, I literally just started drinking it maybe a month ago. The few bottles I've had definitely weren't watered down.
On the topic of TMA, I think drunken-fu would suit me

When I get hammered my middle kick is God-like, perfect pivot, speed, and I can utilize lazy power. Sober well... its good, but not even near the level of drunkenness moo thigh

Why the fuck would they have a boxing match? Put a boxer in karate rules and he would get tagged endlessly. And the same with a Karateka in boxing ring. Apples and oranges.

Because that's what we're talking about. That's what's relevant to this thread. We're talking about two Karateka in a boxing match, or kickboxing match, or mma match, or street fight. In anything but point sparring Machida would steamroll your dad. You're the one who brought Machida and your dad up in the first place. Which brings us to the core of the issue:

Why the fuck are you still hiding behind daddy?

Because that's what we're talking about. That's what's relevant to this thread. We're talking about two Karateka in a boxing match, or kickboxing match, or mma match, or street fight. In anything but point sparring Machida would steamroll your dad. You're the one who brought Machida and your dad up in the first place. Which brings us to the core of the issue:

Why the fuck are you still hiding behind daddy?

This thread is not limited to boxing.

The best way to take a punch is to see it coming.

Some fighters will turn their head or brush off shots at the last minute if they're slick ( and gifted with godlike reflexes ) but that ability is rare. You need to be a professional boxer, someone who has countless hours in the ring, to get that good.

But again, they can do that because they first see the punches coming.

This thread is not limited to boxing.

Still ducking the question.

This thread is about how to take a punch, which nobody does better than boxers. But regardless, post a kickboxing video then. Anything.

Nice, never tried 101 but I heard it's pretty good!

Damn now I want to go out and get some whiskey haha. Too late for that though, so I'll stick to a few beers!

Wild Turkey 101 tends to sneak up on you so be ready for that. One minute you're good, the next thing you know you can't find your way to the washroom.
Good stuff though, full of flavours yet surprisingly smooth.

Wild Turkey 101 tends to sneak up on you so be ready for that. One minute you're good, the next thing you know you can't find your way to the washroom.
Nice haha. I'll definitely try it !

Lol yea the first time I had it I was just casually drinking with my cousin who I hadn't seen in a few months and we both woke up wasted the next morning. Like, too drunk to drive to work. It sneaks up on you because you drink it like a regular whisky and it goes down smooth.

Keep ur chin down, limit ur chin getting hit, and accepting the fact that u will take hard punches is the best way to lessen impact. Also a lot of self belief. I've never been hurt from a punch to the head & I believe it is because I consider taking a big punch "going according to plan", I expect it to happen all the time when I'm boxing (even if it doesn't happen all the time), so when it does, its all going the way I imagined it anyway. The belief part I believe is very important, if you get hit with a massive shot and in ur mind, u expect it to be a shot that would drop u, it probably will. If u think to urself its no big deal, I truly feel like it makes a difference in how much it phases u.

I have always found in sparring that whenever I don't obsess on avoiding hits, my flow/performance improves drastically, and I actually get hit less.

please just post a video, the hype is too strong, prove the guy wrong!

as for the topic:
-chin down
-see the punch coming
-close your mouth
-roll with the strike / fade back

Last edited:
Back