How to take a punch well? Minimise shock when hit?

Boxing does not have perfect uniformity among instructors how to punch . Teddy Atlas had a student on youtube who had fought Lennox Lewis, who was hammered by a boxing instructor online for having poor form hitting the heavy bag. A belt contender!

So even if you guys praise or bash me it wont necessarily mean anything

So what's goin' on in here? Is everyone drunk?
I am, normally a rum guy, but I've taken a liking to

jameson-whiskey-caskmates.jpg

Jamieson is pretty good! You know what you're getting with Jamieson, always solid. Good price too.

I'm liking Dalwhinnie atm:
dalob.15yov1.jpg

Jamieson is pretty good! You know what you're getting with Jamieson, always solid. Good price too.

dalob.15yov1.jpg
Jamesons are pretty cheap, $17 for 12oz. The Dalwhinnie's look nice

I can't prove any of that on a bag though. To think a guy with 3 years of kickboxing can't throw a simple right hand cross, for instance, is a bit insulting. the bodymechanics in boxing is far more comfortable than in Karate, if you ask me... I liked it a lot.

You don't have 3 years of kickboxing. You have three years of tkd.

Shadow boxing is more than enough to demonstrate whether or not you know how to punch. The fact that you refuse to take 5 minutes to film and post a single round speaks volumes about your ability. You're making excuses and ducking the question.

You have no boxing experience and no demonstrable boxing skills, so shut the fuck up about boxing and you might learn something.

dalob.15yov1.jpg

It's been Wild Turkey for me recently. That 101 proof really does me dirty.

You don't have 3 years of kickboxing. You have three years of tkd.

Shadow boxing is more than enough to demonstrate whether or not you know how to punch. The fact that you refuse to take 5 minutes to film and post a single round speaks volumes about your ability. You're making excuses and ducking the question.

You have no boxing experience and no demonstrable boxing skills, so shut the fuck up about boxing and you might learn something.

Wow that really hurt, coming from a guy who says a Karate legend from Yugoslavia can't throw a real punch.

Wow that really hurt, coming from a guy who says a Karate legend from Yugoslavia can't throw a real punch.

Stop deflecting, stop ducking, stop hiding behind daddy. Put up or shut up.

Jamesons are pretty cheap, $17 for 12oz. The Dalwhinnie's look nice
Yeah it's great. It has a nice mellow taste, feels good and a bit sweet. Not the strongest whiskey in the world, but it's the kind of whiskey that gets better as time goes by.

Would highly recommend it!
Nice, never tried 101 but I heard it's pretty good!

Damn now I want to go out and get some whiskey haha. Too late for that though, so I'll stick to a few beers!

Aged in beer bottles? How's that affect the taste?

Trader Joe's used to carry the regular 750ml bottle for $19.99...think it's gone up a bit now though.

It's always been interesting how you can sip dark liquors but I don't know of anyone sipping vodka lol.

Didn't Wild Turkey have that whole fiasco a couple years ago with watering down their product?

Stop deflecting, stop ducking, stop hiding behind daddy. Put up or shut up.

Lyoto Machida who is fighting tonight is a noob in Shotokan compared to him. My father didn't even know who he is.

Yeah it's great. It has a nice mellow taste, feels good and a bit sweet. Not the strongest whiskey in the world, but it's the kind of whiskey that gets better as time goes by.

Would highly recommend it!

Nice, never tried 101 but I heard it's pretty good!

Damn now I want to go out and get some whiskey haha. Too late for that though, so I'll stick to a few beers!

You know whats funny, on cut week the last 2 days I drink 12-16 oz as I'm limited on my options. Keep carbs and sodium minimal. Something alc clearly has: little to no carbs and no sodium. So basically I'm there getting hammered a day before weigh-ins, and after getting hammered, I gotta do my rounds with the epsom salt bath. Usually 2, and the day of weigh ins, 1, and maybe the sauna.

Alc helps dehydrate you, at least I lie to myself saying that so I have an excuse to get shit faced.

I actually thought I was gonna die once, got out of the bath and fell back in, lol. Took me a bit over a minute to re-coordinate because it felt like I got headkicked twice by a heavyweight; But I made that 15lb water cut, so who am I to complain.

Everytime I cut weight, I sign a will in case I don't wake up, lol. Everytime I wake up the next day, its like "Holy shit, I'm still alive! YEAA"

Trader Joe's used to carry the regular 750ml bottle for $19.99...think it's gone up a bit now though.

It's always been interesting how you can sip dark liquors but I don't know of anyone sipping vodka lol.

Didn't Wild Turkey have that whole fiasco a couple years ago with watering down their product?

Haven't tried it in the aged barrel, its been on my list though. There's the small barrel kits I've seen before, but I never really bothered as they looked kinda gimmickey.

Vodka straight up tastes like rubbing alcohol, only Ruskies can drink that shit straight and enjoy it.

You know whats funny, on cut week the last 2 days I drink 12-16oz as I'm limited on my options. Keep carbs and sodium minimal. Something alc clearly has, little to no carbs and no sodium. So basically I'm there getting hammered a day before weigh-ins, and after getting hammered do an epsom salt bath.

Alc helps dehydrate you, at least I lie to myself saying that so I have an excuse to get shit faced.

I actually thought I was gonna die once, got out of the bath and fell back in, lol. Took me a bit over a minute to re-coordinate because it felt like I got headkicked twice by a heavyweight; But I made that 15lb water cut, so who am I to complain.

Haven't tried it in the aged barrel, its been on my list though. There's the small barrel kits I've seen before, but I never really bothered as they looked kinda gimmickey.

Vodka straight up tastes like rubbing alcohol, only Ruskies can drink that shit straight and enjoy it.

Well, gin is clear and I don't know anyone sipping that either but maybe I'm not old enough?

<Fedor23>

Lyoto Machida who is fighting tonight is a noob in Shotokan compared to him. My father didn't even know who he is.

Stop hiding behind daddy. Machida would ruin your dad in a boxing match.

None of that is relevant to your lack of skill.

I wouldn't know, I literally just started drinking it maybe a month ago. The few bottles I've had definitely weren't watered down.

Why the fuck would they have a boxing match? Put a boxer in karate rules and he would get tagged endlessly. And the same with a Karateka in boxing ring. Apples and oranges.

I wouldn't know, I literally just started drinking it maybe a month ago. The few bottles I've had definitely weren't watered down.

My bad...it was Maker's Mark lol:

I'm guess Lyoto would take his dad under the less restrictive MT ruleset as well...probably under Lethwei rules also.

Why the fuck would they have a boxing match? Put a boxer in karate rules and he would get tagged endlessly. And the same with a Karateka in boxing ring. Apples and oranges.

They're both karatekas in a boxing match so neither would be at an advantage. I've never heard anyone say that Lyoto's strength is his boxing.

Back