How to stream my Steam broadcast on twitch?

StabbyMcHatchet

Add StabbyMcHatchet on Instagram Facebook Twitter
@Brown
Reaction score
I went into client > settings> broadcast and set it up for broadcasting on Steam.

I went into Settings > Connections and activated Steam and logged in.

Nothing shows on my Twitch stream when I play though. Anyone have any experience with this stuff?

Steam streaming only broadcasts to other Steam users.

You will need to download a program (OBS, Xsplit, etc) to stream on Twitch.

Linking your accounts actually has nothing to do with you streaming, rather it's for stuff like getting crates from watching CSGO on twitch.

As Gref says, the steam streaming is just for inside the steam client.
If you don't feel like setting up OBS and have an nvidia video card setting up one button streaming to twitch using nvidia experience is fairly easy.

Feel like schooling me? I have no idea what you're talking about.

I have Nvidia Geforce GTX 960m whatever that means

i7

Wow @Gref, I have to say, that is the very best instructional video I have ever watched on YouTube. Thanks so much for linking it. That was amazing.

That being said, I would still rather stream without installing another program, but if I can't, I will be using OBS.

Wow @Gref, I have to say, that is the very best instructional video I have ever watched on YouTube. Thanks so much for linking it. That was amazing.

That being said, I would still rather stream without installing another program, but if I can't, I will be using OBS.

NP.

It can be somewhat of a chore to setup but it's worth the effort, imo. You have a lot more control over your stream if you broadcast to Twitch as opposed to Steam. Not to mention you're likely to reach more people.

^true.
Personally, I like doing dumb shit in Beam because of the low latency, but the users aren't there. Maybe it'll see more use once streaming to it gets built in to win 10 and the xbone.

^true.
Personally, I like doing dumb shit in Beam because of the low latency, but the users aren't there. Maybe it'll see more use once streaming to it gets built in to win 10 and the xbone.

Besides requesting view what friends are doing through Steam the only streams I've watched through Steam are for CSGO and those are Twitch redirects anyways lol. It feels like next to no one uses anything but Twitch.

Yeah I mean, I am a stream noob, but it seems to me that the standard is Twitch.

Yeah I mean, I am a stream noob, but it seems to me that the standard is Twitch.

Definitely is. I'm a nobody on Twitch and rarely stream but I've had 70 people watching me just because of the game I was playing. Twitch's base is massive compared to every other outlet.

I have streamed Call of Duty off my Xbox, but when you do that you dedicate your DVR to the streaming, so I cant do short clip captures, which totally stopped me from making Instagram montages, so I stopped.

I am going to stream basically WH40K stuff with this laptop. Right now I want to get set up to stream Space Hulk Deathwing.

Besides requesting view what friends are doing through Steam the only streams I've watched through Steam are for CSGO and those are Twitch redirects anyways lol. It feels like next to no one uses anything but Twitch.
If you want some real raw shit hitbox is the place to be. I honestly don't think the people that run that place give a single fuck about anything.
And Beam.pro has a cool api for interactive stuff, although there aren't too many people using it yet.
It's slick though. Like 2 seconds latency, good quality, and it's owned by MS and you can sign in with Discord, so I imagine it'll go places.

If you want some real raw shit hitbox is the place to be. I honestly don't think the people that run that place give a single fuck about anything.
And Beam.pro has a cool api for interactive stuff, although there aren't too many people using it yet.
It's slick though. Like 2 seconds latency, good quality, and it's owned by MS and you can sign in with Discord, so I imagine it'll go places.

It seemed like hitbox was coming up a couple years ago but at a glance it's dead too. It's like the alt for people who get banned on twitch.

I did all the steps the guy leads you through in the tutorial, but on Twitch there is no video; just audio. So I know I am on the right track for streaming, but Audio is pretty lame without video. Not sure what I am missing.

If you use Game Capture as your OBS source it should stream audio and video. Make sure Desktop Audio isn't muted in the mixer.

this is off topic, but does anyone know how I can stream to twitch and have them hear my voice, but not hear my friends in discord? Ive seen some guides on it but it just makes no fucking sense to me. I try step by step and it never works.

this is off topic, but does anyone know how I can stream to twitch and have them hear my voice, but not hear my friends in discord? Ive seen some guides on it but it just makes no fucking sense to me. I try step by step and it never works.

Depending on the playback device(s) and program you have you can manage what device the program outputs to if it allows you to. For example I can have skype output audio to my usb headset or the onboard audio my speakers are plugged in to. From there I can select what audio devices and recording devices my streaming software captures.

Depending on the playback device(s) and program you have you can manage what device the program outputs to if it allows you to. For example I can have skype output audio to my usb headset or the onboard audio my speakers are plugged in to. From there I can select what audio devices and recording devices my streaming software captures.
gotchya. Ive tried this before and didnt have much success but Im going to give it another go soon.

Back