How to Pass the Half Guard - Hip-Switch Method

This pass is best pass. The inside knee and shin blocking their hip is $$.

Really good pass! I want to use this more, as I sometimes really panic in half guard; especially with guys who use Bravo's half guard/lockdown system. I will use this !

Really good pass! I want to use this more, as I sometimes really panic in half guard; especially with guys who use Bravo's half guard/lockdown system. I will use this !
If you can switch your hips early on, you can usually prevent the lockdown (although this is difficult against a good player).

If you can switch your hips early on, you can usually prevent the lockdown (although this is difficult against a good player).
I went over this with my coach today, thanks for the video ! It is very important that you give no space at all in this pass, as well as the standing leg/other leg used as an elevator that can be used to regain the guard. I like it! It is a very good and fundamental pass to know, that so many people forget.

I went over this with my coach today, thanks for the video ! It is very important that you give no space at all in this pass, as well as the standing leg/other leg used as an elevator that can be used to regain the guard. I like it! It is a very good and fundamental pass to know, that so many people forget.
Your instructor is likely going over something similar to this as a counter (it's based on an old-school guard recovery with the hook):

https://howtheyplay.com/individual-...Half-Guard-or-a-Kimura-Attempt-a-BJJ-Tutorial

Really glad you are finding some success!

Back