How to meet Mike Tyson. Any ideas?

I almost ticked Oliver McCall off enough to beat me to a pulp.
He was walking into me, poking his finger in my chest, balling up his other fist. I'm only 5'8. At the time I was only about 160lbs. I was scared ish'less.

This was right after the Tyson-Golota fight.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to piss him off so badly?

I got to meet him while he was "training" for his "exhibition" with Corrie Sanders at the Aladdin. He was really cool. Signed a glove for me (Along with Fenech) and got pics with both of them.

Well, how many ears do you really NEED-need ya know?

If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to piss him off so badly?

It was after the fight. He was standing around by himself wearing a hawaiian shirt.
I went up to him and told him I watched all of his fights that were aired. Told him he had a great chin, lots of power and that he was always fun to watch. All of which he was very receptive towards. But then I said, "I hope you go back in the ring again, you're a great fighter.".
Then he turned. For some reason this really ticked him off. He yelled at me, "I proved myself already. I don't need to do anything for YOU *this is when he poked me in my chest* or anyone else. The guys fighting now haven't proved anything. I don't need to chase people down for a belt, they should be chasing me down for a belt."
He was walking right into me - I had to move back or I would have been right up against him. His left fist was balled up by his side.
He called me a punk a bunch of times and challenged me to do something.
THANKFULLY a huge security guard got in between us.... well, more in front of McCall because I wasn't about to do anything.... except for bleed alot if it got ugly.

Yeah, pretty bad night.
Fly to Auburn Hills, fight ends early because Golota was mad, food just flying in the Palace, got hit by some, get called a punk and challenged to fight by a heavyweight boxer.
THEN.... fly back to Wisconsin, see the movie "Blair Witch 2" - possibly one of the worst horror films I have ever seen.
Terrible weekend.

He called me a punk a bunch of times and challenged me to do something. THANKFULLY a huge security guard got in between us.... well, more in front of McCall because I wasn't about to do anything.... except for bleed alot if it got ugly.

All you had to do was to stick and move man, stick and move :D Seriously though, that must have been pretty f*up. McCall is not necessarily known for being the most "stable" guy around. He supposedly was charged for threatening to kill a police office at one point (And of course, there was that bizarre incident in the Lewis fight)

It was after the fight. He was standing around by himself wearing a hawaiian shirt.
I went up to him and told him I watched all of his fights that were aired. Told him he had a great chin, lots of power and that he was always fun to watch. All of which he was very receptive towards. But then I said, "I hope you go back in the ring again, you're a great fighter.".
Then he turned. For some reason this really ticked him off. He yelled at me, "I proved myself already. I don't need to do anything for YOU *this is when he poked me in my chest* or anyone else. The guys fighting now haven't proved anything. I don't need to chase people down for a belt, they should be chasing me down for a belt."
He was walking right into me - I had to move back or I would have been right up against him. His left fist was balled up by his side.
THANKFULLY a huge security guard got in between us.... well, more in front of McCall because I wasn't about to do anything.... except for bleed alot if it got ugly.

Yeah, pretty bad night.
Fly to Auburn Hills, fight ends early because Golota was mad, food just flying in the Palace, got hit by some, get called a punk and challenged to fight by a heavyweight boxer.
THEN.... fly back to Wisconsin, see the movie "Blair Witch 2" - possibly one of the worst horror films I have ever seen.
Terrible weekend.

Man boxers are fucked up in the head. I am pretty sure the guy fell the need to bully someone. Bad luck it was you.

Not all boxers.

I met Holyfield at Forest v. Mosely II in Indianapolis and he was cool as hell.
He was standing right by us, came out on the wrong level.
I yelled out, "It's Real Deal!!!!" and he spun around and said, "There my buddy"... came up by us, put his hand on my shoulder and asked if we were ready for a great fight.... sadly enough, the only great fight happened in the stands.
As he was walking away I said, "You'll always be the champ!"... he turn around again to say, "you're the man".

he's actually quite docile in person and well-mannered.

i dont know see why this would surprise anyone about Tyson. Now its stupid because i dont know him personally, but you can totally see thats hes that type of soft spoken person..aside from all that eating your children nonsense.

Eric B still makes music, manages artists, and still runs in that scene. He was making beats for Dre up until a few years ago.

It's gotta be Rakim.
Eric B isn't really in that scene anymore.

No...it's Eric B...NOT Rakim. He and Eric B are real tight...they go way back...I think they might be from the same neighborhood or something. In fact, if you see Tyson at any boxing events, you can usually see Eric B with him.

Terrible weekend.
dont you know, with a simple mail order gracie dvd you could have shot for the single leg & locked on an armbar and oliver would have been doomed as doomed can be?

i give you props for admitting that oliver would have destroyed you. i am just shocked at the number of closet killer assassins we have in these parts...

No...it's Eric B...NOT Rakim. He and Eric B are real tight...they go way back...I think they might be from the same neighborhood or something. In fact, if you see Tyson at any boxing events, you can usually see Eric B with him.

Good to know, thanks for the correction.

i give you props for admitting that oliver would have destroyed you. i am just shocked at the number of closet killer assassins we have in these parts...

Tell me about it. If I'd post this on HeavyWeight I would get post after post about how one of those tat'd, bald-headed, afflicition shirt wearin' kids would take McCall down.... break and arm, break a leg, choke him out, pound him into oblivion.

Yeah, I was scared.
Seriously, the only thing I was thinking was, "will his 1st punch knock me out... so I don't have to feel too much pain right away."

Meet Mike Tyson?! Whoa there, be careful...

Tyson'll eat your @$$hole alive, you B!t<h!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adVQkcIY0QM

Barman, great story about that crazy Oliver McCall. He was a nut, but I always liked watchin' him fight. Same for Ike...and Golota....and Tyson...and Bowe...and Morrison...and Bert Cooper...and Aaron Pryor...and Mayorga...and Duran...and Carlos Monzon...and Johnny Tapia....and Leon Spinks...and Ettienne...and James Butler...and Lee Murray...and O'Neil Bell...and Emmanuel Augustus....and Mitch Green...and Ottke....and Michael Bennt....and Tony Ayala....and Randy Turpin...and Tony Galento...and Eubank....and Herbie Hide...and Trevor Berbick...and Archie Moore...and Billy Papke...and Kid McCoy...and Harry Greb...and Stanley Ketchel...

I'm sure I've missed a lot of them.
Man, I love fighters...

Yeah, pretty bad night.
Terrible weekend.

Like Lawrence Taylor said in the movie The Waterboy," Say no to crack."

Back