How to land with the straight knee to body?

The long knee?

Step in

What about it can't you land? Distance or your partners know it due to being telegraphed?

Earlier, step in, and lean back using more hips. Shoot your hips like its Saturday night. Its really thr same range as a cross

Latter, set it up and keep the tempo of all strikes the same. No 1-1..... Knee. All the same 1-1-1

Step back, step back, step back, step in.
Get him to start following your retreat, then step in with a knee and catch him coming in.

Step back, step back, step back, step in.
Get him to start following your retreat, then step in with a knee and catch him coming in.
← ← ← → + O

I use straight knees mostly in 2 situations:

-Against boxer types who likes to press forward... Like aerius said, step back with a high guard, then stepping in with the knee. (I love to add a elbow just after the knee, lots of times I will find an opening. it's a combo i like to work on. Step back, knee, elbow).

-While we engage the clinch. Usually people look first to secure a good position with the hands, and it often leaves a small window for the straight knee before the plum is locked.

Also, if you are a boxer type you can press high, and while he has a tight guard, grab his hands pulling him towards you while throwing the knee. ( I think shinchekin has done it in one of his fight, he may post it here again if he knows what I'm talking about.)

And of course, if you clinch against a clueless opponent that keeps his hips away, you have space for it...

I use straight knees mostly in 2 situations:

-Against boxer types who likes to press forward... Like aerius said, step back with a high guard, then stepping in with the knee. (I love to add a elbow just after the knee, lots of times I will find an opening. it's a combo i like to work on. Step back, knee, elbow).

-While we engage the clinch. Usually people look first to secure a good position with the hands, and it often leaves a small window for the straight knee before the plum is locked.

Also, if you are a boxer type you can press high, and while he has a tight guard, grab his hands pulling him towards you while throwing the knee. ( I think shinchekin has done it in one of his fight, he may post it here again if he knows what I'm talking about.)

And of course, if you clinch against a clueless opponent that keeps his hips away, you have space for it...

sorry for the spacetime style 2 millisecond clip but i dont like to put my fight vids out there cause the first thing people do once they know who they are fighting is search you up. anyways, heres exactly as you said, maybe not the best example but i use it in fights and sparring, dont use it too much though cause it can be countered cause your reaching with 2 hands.

the only time I've landed a straight/ long knee is when clinch sparring and i knew they were closing the distance without throwing. Its something i want to be good at but have not practiced enough.

the only time I've landed a straight/ long knee is when clinch sparring and i knew they were closing the distance without throwing. Its something i want to be good at but have not practiced enough.
I used to miss it all the time, but what helped me land it more was:

1) Stop thinking I'm gonna do Earth shattering damage to my partner. Due to this, I held back and slowed it down unknowingly, and everyone and their mother were able to see it coming. Once I stopped that thought process and just shot it out, it landed most of the time.

2) Using it as distance closing, surprisingly when I stopped focusing on it as "k, I'm gonna land this to damage" it landed more.

I used to miss it all the time, but what helped me land it more was:

1) Stop thinking I'm gonna do Earth shattering damage to my partner. Due to this, I held back and slowed it down unknowingly, and everyone and their mother were able to see it coming. Once I stopped that thought process and just shot it out, it landed most of the time.

2) Using it as distance closing, surprisingly when I stopped focusing on it as "k, I'm gonna land this to damage" it landed more.

I AM hesitant with it so Ill try to keep it more fluid and not slow it down. due to unfamiliarity with the strike i have to actively "think" before throwing it and yeah its probably telegraphed like a big neon sign lol

Back