How to know if the Floyd UFC fight will happen

piropiro

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I think that, as the months pass, it will be easy to know if the Floyd UFC fight will happen because Conor will delay any fight announcements and remain inactive.

At present I believe Conor is finalising an offer to challenge the winner of Khabib vs Ferguson ... but if there is any real chance to meet Floyd in the octagon then all that will be stalled.

No way they will want to risk his image, reputation or an injury agains a tough opponent, with the possibility of another 500 million show in a few more months.

So I think that Conor's April challenges and fight announcements, or lack of, will be a big "hint" on the reality of the Floyd situation.

They both love money and attention, whilst the UFC needs a huge show, so actually I'd say it's 50/50 at present. Unfortunately, because I'd much prefer Conor fighting a UFC champion soon and Floyd a top boxer if he really still wants to compete (should stay retired IMO).

Floyd is never stepping in the octagon, he knows he doesn't stand a chance in a cagefight just like we all knew Conor didn't stand a chance in a boxing match.
He's only posting those pictures of him stepping in the octagon because he likes the attention and it's good for his brand.
The UFC can't afford him either.
It's all just talk.
I do think Conor will come back to the octagon, maybe not against Ferg or Khabib but perhaps Diaz 3 or some other superfight, he's burning through his money and he also likes being in the spotlight too much, that twitter account can't keep him happy, soon he's gonna want to show his face on tv again properly. We'll see how that goes.

Trust me, it won’t.

giphy.gif

Floyd is never stepping in the octagon, he knows he doesn't stand a chance in a cagefight just like we all knew Conor didn't stand a chance in a boxing match.
He's only posting those pictures of him stepping in the octagon because he likes the attention and it's good for his brand.
The UFC can't afford him either.
It's all just talk.
I do think Conor will come back to the octagon, maybe not against Ferg or Khabib but perhaps Diaz 3 or some other superfight, he's burning through his money and he also likes being in the spotlight too much, that twitter account can't keep him happy, soon he's gonna want to show his face on tv again properly. We'll see how that goes.
Yep

neither of both will fight again, especially in an coctagon

Be an absolute idiot,then you'll know there's a chance.How stupid can people be?Seriously?It's like the movie Idiocracy in this place.

They will both fight again, because a lot of money is involved.

Be an absolute idiot,then you'll know there's a chance.How stupid can people be?Seriously?It's like the movie Idiocracy in this place.

Just this place?

How about the entire globe.

If there is enough money anything is possible. Floyd might agree on condition the Conor carries him and makes it look semi-competitive.

At present I believe Conor is finalising an offer to challenge the winner of Khabib vs Ferguson .

I don’t think so. If anything he is pressing the UFC to get the deal with Floyd done, So they can fight and he can make another 100 million. I wish that the UFC was thinking more long-term. Long-term they need this guy back in the octagon fighting consistently like he used to. The more money he makes on these freak show fights, you are never going to see him again.

Most of us thought there was no chance of the boxing match happening ... ;)

Do I like it? No. Will it happen? Maybe ... huge money is a very powerful motivator for all involved.

Back