How to get Holly to stop making noises

Greg, Mike or SOMEONE needs to tell her to start being more aggressive and start kicking her opponents properly.

She was never going to beat Germaine in a stand up battle with or without ishing.

I am trying to google "how to politely tell your girl to stop making noises"

artlimited_img229634.jpg

How does a world champion boxer not understand something as fundamental as not telegraphing your punches but every random sherdogger knows this?

And I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being serious

It's weird that she keeps throwing the same punch combination even if she gets counterpunched during it.

She was never going to beat Germaine in a stand up battle with or without ishing.

No kidding right? She had to resort to panic grappling b/c she couldn't handle GDR's standup...so now what the viewers got were 2, so called high level strikers, grappling like retards. Next, let's pay to watch James Toney vs. Hollyfield in a BJJ match.

No kidding right? She had to resort to panic grappling b/c she couldn't handle GDR's standup...so now what the viewers got were 2, so called high level strikers, grappling like retards. Next, let's pay to watch James Toney vs. Hollyfield in a BJJ match.

I think the strategy going into the fight was to take Germaine down. Her camp was smart enough to realize nobody has beaten Germaine in a striking match. Nunes couldn't even do it. Germaine loses when she gets taken down, not when an opponent chooses to stand.

When you look at both their striking techniques, Germaine's is clearly on another level. Holly does too much point fighting, throwing punches at air and hoping to score with weak ass oblique kicks.

Why should she stop?

She has a long history of being a champion.
She trains with one of the best teams ever, and has for a long time.
She trains with top quality fighters.

Now the peanut gallery on the internet have it all figured out and blame this...
Seems very simplistic and arrogant.
lol, no

She obviously does it to eventually trick you into following her exhales...the problem is they rarely seem to have worked. I personally made it a point to make sure if GDR or Valerie were falling for it...they weren't...they have had 100s of matches, I doubt some woman making "ish" noises is going to throw their timing off.

At that point she's only doing it for point fighting, which is why it's REALLY annoying to me. I come from a point-fighting background, but even we don't do it as frequent as she does (though to be fair we throw less volume).

Holly is one of those few pro boxers that made the transition to MMA, and several boxers are so used to make those noises... Here's Keith Thurman doing the same:

So I think that we need to deal with it.

Get Germaine, Valentina or Miesha to admit in an interview to using her "ish" to time her attacks like people theorize.

I guess boxers don't use their ears in a fight unlike MMA fighters lol. ;)
How does a world champion boxer not understand something as fundamental as not telegraphing your punches but every random sherdogger knows this?

And I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being serious

I noticed in the GDR fight that she sometimes did it without actually throwing a strike. My guess is she makes the sound whether it's a feint or a real attack, and if the opponent starts reacting to the sound rather than her motion, so much the better for Holly.

Would be a lot worse if she didn't if you think about it though

{<hngg}
{<hngg}
{<hngg}

Imagine how surprised her opponents the would be if she hit them without screaming....

Last edited:
She probably watched too many KungFu movies as a child.

Valentina and Germaine definitely capitalized on the sound effects. It was obvious in the Meisha's fight that Holly was getting tires and anxious by the way she made those sounds too.

But hey, they worked against Ronda.

She probably watched too many KungFu movies as a child.

Valentina and Germaine definitely capitalized on the sound effects. It was obvious in the Meisha's fight that Holly was getting tires and anxious by the way she made those sounds too.

But hey, they worked against Ronda.
They worked 33 times in boxing too somehow.

An experienced fighter at most to any level, will start picking up each others timing even with never having fought before and only watching videos to study. Then this is where feinting and being unpredictable comes in, to throw off your opponent from timing you.

I personally think that making too loud/distinct noises will help your opponent as it's an additional "tell" for them to pick up on. You can see that Holly tries to feint the noises later, after getting clobbered plenty by GDR's counters. But GDR doesn't fall for them because her highly experienced fighting senses has already locked in to not just the noise, but maybe even the pitch, loudness, etc. of the noises from a real attack.....in combo with the other indications such as: the rhythm of Holly's movements, demeanor, facial expression, etc.
My very first sparring session with a true pro, was incredibly one sided. My partner picked me apart inside of three minutes. Some people, I've learned have a sixth sense for throwing hands and dodging them as well. It's humbling to learn you're not as good/fuf as you thought. It's as equally impressive to watch the ones that have it.

Back