How to gain weight while doing Mixed Martial Arts

I enjoyed reading that Dave Tate thing. The message is perfect for all those who complain that they can't put on weight. "I eat all the time, and I simply cannot put on weight.."
If he didn't drop that racist bit in the middle, then I'd probably forward that onto anyone who moans that they can't gain weight.

If you want to gain weight I'll give the advice do squats, bench presses shoulder presses and deadlifts... if you not a weightlifter but want to fight and gain weight. You better get out of your comfort zone. And eat.... est clean and lots.. you'll find plenty of info on Google on meal plans

Look up Ross Enamait's bulking experiment. I think a lot of 5/3/1 and SS guys could stand to see an unconventional success story or two

I'm 16 I weigh 110 and height is 5'7
I need to gain weight because I wanna do cage fights. I'm not really a weightlifter. I do bodyweight exercises.

You must start training with weights. Bodyweight exercises will not be of sufficient intensity to stimulate the type of muscular growth which will result in a significant gain in functional bodyweight, i.e. muscle and not fat.

Most MMA fighters are grossly overtrained. That's why for all the training they do, most haven't developed extremely muscular physiques. If you look at sprinters you will notice that invariably, they have very impressive muscular development in their legs. They train briefly and infrequently. The intensity of their training dictates that their training must be brief. The longest dash in Olympic competition is the 400 meter dash. Why isn't there a one mile dash? Because it's impossible to sprint for a whole mile. If it were workout volume which were responsible for large gains in muscular weight, you would see massively developed distance runners. Instead they have small, stringy muscles. Why? They are grossly overtrained!

The three principles of making large gains in muscular mass and strength, are: To be productive, training must be intense, brief, and infrequent.

You must start training with weights. Bodyweight exercises will not be of sufficient intensity to stimulate the type of muscular growth which will result in a significant gain in functional bodyweight, i.e. muscle and not fat.

Most MMA fighters are grossly overtrained. That's why for all the training they do, most haven't developed extremely muscular physiques. If you look at sprinters you will notice that invariably, they have very impressive muscular development in their legs. They train briefly and infrequently. The intensity of their training dictates that their training must be brief. The longest dash in Olympic competition is the 400 meter dash. Why isn't there a one mile dash? Because it's impossible to sprint for a whole mile. If it were workout volume which were responsible for large gains in muscular weight, you would see massively developed distance runners. Instead they have small, stringy muscles. Why? They are grossly overtrained!

The three principles of making large gains in muscular mass and strength, are: To be productive, training must be intense, brief, and infrequent.
Oh yes I hit a sledgehammer on a tire, chop wood kick a tire,ick it up,kettle bells, and rope climb

Back