How to gain weight while doing Mixed Martial Arts

Edgar Lopez

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm 16 I weigh 110 and height is 5'7
I need to gain weight because I wanna do cage fights. I'm not really a weightlifter. I do bodyweight exercises.

Give me a list of what to eat to help me gain

44462957.jpg

Give me a list of what to eat to help me gain

I have a slightly better approach it :) give us something to start with. Tell us what you eat on a typical day and include the food and the quantities. Also tell us how many times a day you eat.

-T

Here's a seriously great read!

"for breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I don't care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that shit down and eat. That's your breakfast."

At this point I'm thinking this guy is nuts. But he's completely serious.

"For lunch you're gonna eat Chinese food. Now I don't want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG bullshit. I don't care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You can't let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter."

"For dinner you're gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don't like sardines, don't put 'em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that fucker up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that shit over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the shit out of it."

"Now before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that fucker. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals."

This guy is in a zen-like state when he's talking about this.

"Now you're on the clock," he continues. "After 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you you're full. Don't listen to that shit. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. I'm telling you now, you're going to get three or four pieces in and you're gonna want to quit. You fucking can't quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.

And if you can't finish it, don't you ever come back to me and tell me you can't gain weight. 'Cause I'm gonna tell you that you don't give a fuck about getting bigger and you don't care how much you lift!"

Here's a seriously great read!

"for breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I don't care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that shit down and eat. That's your breakfast."

At this point I'm thinking this guy is nuts. But he's completely serious.

"For lunch you're gonna eat Chinese food. Now I don't want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG bullshit. I don't care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You can't let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter."

"For dinner you're gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don't like sardines, don't put 'em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that fucker up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that shit over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the shit out of it."

"Now before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that fucker. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals."

This guy is in a zen-like state when he's talking about this.

"Now you're on the clock," he continues. "After 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you you're full. Don't listen to that shit. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. I'm telling you now, you're going to get three or four pieces in and you're gonna want to quit. You fucking can't quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.

And if you can't finish it, don't you ever come back to me and tell me you can't gain weight. 'Cause I'm gonna tell you that you don't give a fuck about getting bigger and you don't care how much you lift!"

-Dave Tate

Look at meal plans for bulking

Obviously eating McDonald's x3 a day isn't going to be that good for you when you're training, unless you want to gas like Rolles Gracie

Yeah, you're gonna need to lift weights though.

Look at meal plans for bulking

Obviously eating McDonald's x3 a day isn't going to be that good for you when you're training, unless you want to gas like Rolles Gracie

That was probably from the heroin that he eventually overdose on as well.

that dave tate rant is not applicable to many people unless you just want to end up obese. You need to eat at a calorie surplus that allows you to gain .5-1.5 pounds per week along with weight training. You will need more carbs after a training session in mma. But that is the proper way to do it.

that dave tate rant is not applicable to many people unless you just want to end up obese. You need to eat at a calorie surplus that allows you to gain .5-1.5 pounds per week along with weight training. You will need more carbs after a training session in mma. But that is the proper way to do it.

1.5lb a week is pretty heavy to be honest. Even with the 1/2lb lean bulk, 1/2 of that is still going to be fat. With 1lb I think about 3/4 will be fat, unless of course genetics + noob gainz

I have a slightly better approach it :) give us something to start with. Tell us what you eat on a typical day and include the food and the quantities. Also tell us how many times a day you eat.

-T
I'm planning to eat a lot of chicken,fish, and white rice. Is that good enough?

It's applicable to people who want to get strong as fuck, don't really care about body composition and are happy to end up (or stay) heavyweights or super heavyweights. IE quite a lot of lifters. But clearly, not applicable to many non-strength athletes.

I'm planning to eat a lot of chicken,fish, and white rice. Is that good enough?

Whether you grow or not is mainly about the quantity of food you eat- calories and protein. So just eat lots.

But if you want to avoid being malnourished, the easiest way to do it is to eat lots of different foods. Don't restrict yourself to one kind of protein or carbohydrate. Aside from being healthy, it makes eating more delicious.

If at any time during the day you feel you've eaten enough. Have a PB&J sannich!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back