How to fix USA boxing?

I remember as 12 yo boy in 2010. Seeing clips of USA USA USA chants as another american won a pointless belt. Carrying 20 belts with him when there's only 4 people care about. Is it the style of boxing competitor's. So defensive fighters emulating maywether. Or the sluggish college athlete trying to squeeze as much money as he can with his limited skills. Mexican style v maywether style. Or is the athletes going to mma. Pc culture of no violence except beating a hooker in gta.

Or is it American nostalgia killing the present? Who knows. All I know you guys charge way too much for ppv. For fights no 1 asked 4. 80 bucks 80 bucks. Jeez not like there's a world class undercard.
I think the first thing they should do is clean up the judging, they should have retired fighters judge fights

It's not USA boxing that's broke it's the boxing system that is broken. The judges are picked by one side or the other and they get payed by one side or the other, it's a ridiculous system that encourages corruption. The judges should be appointed by independent commissions like in MMA not the promoter of one fighter or the other.

I’m not convinced judging can ever be fixed. Boxing is the red light district of sports entertainment. Corruption it seems is just a part of it. I’d like it to change, but I’m not optimistic.

I think the first thing they should do is clean up the judging, they should have retired fighters judge fights

I think the issues with boxing judging is more about how the judges are picked and payed rather than who is picked. Boxing judges are not picked by commissions, they are picked and payed by promotions and promotions have an interest in their guy winning so they try to pick biased judges in their favor. It's ridiculous that this is the way things are done as it encourages corruption.

I think the issues with boxing judging is more about how the judges are picked and payed rather than who is picked. Boxing judges are not picked by commissions, they are picked and payed by promotions and promotions have an interest in their guy winning so they try to pick biased judges in their favor. It's ridiculous that this is the way things are done as it encourages corruption.
I 100% agree. Too much corruption

I remember as 12 yo boy in 2010. Seeing clips of USA USA USA chants as another american won a pointless belt. Carrying 20 belts with him when there's only 4 people care about. Is it the style of boxing competitor's. So defensive fighters emulating maywether. Or the sluggish college athlete trying to squeeze as much money as he can with his limited skills. Mexican style v maywether style. Or is the athletes going to mma. Pc culture of no violence except beating a hooker in gta.

Or is it American nostalgia killing the present? Who knows. All I know you guys charge way too much for ppv. For fights no 1 asked 4. 80 bucks 80 bucks. Jeez not like there's a world class undercard.

What the fuck are you talking about? This post is incomprehensible.

No one watches MMA though, and they have shit numbers outside of Conor, who's going the way of Rousey by losing in the cage and also losing the fans interest.
MMA is basically dead. The fanbase of casuals in the mid 00's got bored of it.
The only sport I've seen people act like they are big fans of it, and within a year or two, have no clue whats going on.
I never see that with any other sport. No one loves football one day and forgets about it the next day.
MMA was a fad.
This reads like a troll post, but you're exaggerating. MMA is far from dead, There's still a lot of big fights coming up this year and next year is going to be exciting. The thing with boxing is that most of the time certain title holders tend to cherry pick who they want to fight and end up constantly having tune up fights against nobodies. Where as the champions in MMA are consistently fighting the top guys. Don't even get me started with the bizarre judging/corruption in Boxing, Teddy Atlas has been very outspoken about this.

This reads like a troll post, but you're exaggerating. MMA is far from dead, There's still a lot of big fights coming up this year and next year is going to be exciting. The thing with boxing is that most of the time certain title holders tend to cherry pick who they want to fight and end up constantly having tune up fights against nobodies. Where as the champions in MMA are consistently fighting the top guys. Don't even get me started with the bizarre judging/corruption in Boxing, Teddy Atlas has been very outspoken about this. There's a lot of money that's invested into UFC organization they have time to build other stars just because they lose a fight doesn't people will stop watching them.
Who said man is dead. I'm pretty sure they had biggest ppv of the year. Ik not every ppv seems amazing amounts. Still better than what top.world champions can do.

Don't worry bro - American boxing is already very fixed.

This reads like a troll post, but you're exaggerating. MMA is far from dead, There's still a lot of big fights coming up this year and next year is going to be exciting. The thing with boxing is that most of the time certain title holders tend to cherry pick who they want to fight and end up constantly having tune up fights against nobodies. Where as the champions in MMA are consistently fighting the top guys. Don't even get me started with the bizarre judging/corruption in Boxing, Teddy Atlas has been very outspoken about this.
Dead.
No one watches it anymore outside of Conor and thats done now.

Only fight I know of that matters is Jones-Gus II.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back