How to Do a Wristlock

goatfury

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://howtheyplay.com/individual-sports/How-to-Do-a-Wristlock-in-BJJ

The wristlock is one of those submissions that seems to fall through the cracks. You can blame Aikido if you'd like (and Steven Seagal movies) for presenting relatively unrealistic scenarios, causing a lot of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioners to conclude that wristlocks must be a low percentage move. The reality is that they're an integral part of a complete BJJ person's arsenal of attacks, and understanding that most tournaments allow wristlocks for all adult competitors is really important. It's also great to know what not to do with your hands, so this lesson will take you to a solid understanding of the compression wrist lock, one of the most common types of joint attacks you're likely to encounter across all martial arts.

I love me some Wrist Locks! My team mates think they're cheap wins but IDGAF!!

wristlocks.jpg

I love the wrist lock from the mounted gift wrap. Like most wrist locks it's so low risk.

Wrist lock from a well defended armbar can work too.

I like the one off an arm drag. Good for self defense, hard to land on someone who knows what they are doing

I attack them from guard, sets up triangles, and arm bars.

LOL @ people who think wristlocks are cheap.

I love wrist locks from armbars where thr guy is gripping his own arm tightm i just tryvto take the wrist and use my hips to keep his elbow. Lean and crank. Im getting one of those subs soon.

Back