How to determine Goat..

His prime was in the JMMA era in shady organizations. His record in a cage has been far less than stellar.

It was legal in Pride so what is the issue? It wasn't cheating. Jones and Anderson were cheating. Gaining an unfair advantage. Big difference.
What's Fedor's record in orgs that tested for PEDs?

Not trying to downplay Fedor. I'm trying to equalize the playing field when it comes to juicers in the UFC versus juicers in Pride....

I think it's silly to say "Never popped for PEDs" when he wasn't tested.

Your third criteria is pretty stupid everything else I agree with for me it's GSP Fedor is an animal and I have no hate towards him but come on he fought In an organisation that encouraged ped use and who the hell says only heavyweights can be goat.

1. No self proclaimed goats..dc, jon,stipe...its just sad
2.No steroids..andy,jon
3.must be hw fighter..baddest man that can beat other weight champs..sorry george
4.must be complete fighter..striking,wrestling,top and bottom ground game
5.In prime must have a goat winning streak
6.Respected by other fighters as the Goat

Calculating..
Calculating..

Results...

Fedor-Throne.jpg

WHO you beat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goat

7. Must get KTFO by 100 year old MW fighter.

Fedor < Henderson < Bisbing < GSP. GSP is better than Fedor and he is WW fighter. HW is the shitties division there is.
Hendo is a top 5 or at worst top 10 fighter of all time. He also hits like a truck. Everyone loses if they fight enough. It's still not as embarassing of a loss as GSP getting KTFO (or rather tapping to strikes) by a journeyman Lightweight (Serra) who is nowhere near any GOAT list.

I can't help but lol that people think a Russian who fought in a steroid permitted company was the only clean fighter on the roster.

That's some straight up delusion. Kettlebell Fedor was on the juice. Stop pretending.

- Fought in drug testing org
- never tested positive for PEDs
- Won titles in 2 weight classes
- Avenged all losses

Calculating....

Calculating...

images
Fedor fought plenty of steroid monsters so even if he was using, it was a level playing field. And LOL if you think GSP was clean...

His prime was in the JMMA era in shady organizations. His record in a cage has been far less than stellar.

He didn't fight in a cage until he was already 35 fights and 13 years deep into his fighting career. He started fighting Sambo in 1997 and MMA in 2000. First cage fight was 2009. Are you trying to tell me the first half of an athlete's career was better than the second half? No way...LOL

Fedor still GOAT

Hendo is a top 5 or at worst top 10 fighter of all time. He also hits like a truck. Everyone loses if they fight enough. It's still not as embarassing of a loss as GSP getting KTFO (or rather tapping to strikes) by a journeyman Lightweight (Serra) who is nowhere near any GOAT list.

Fedor fought plenty of steroid monsters so even if he was using, it was a level playing field. And LOL if you think GSP was clean...

He didn't fight in a cage until he was already 35 fights and 13 years deep into his fighting career. He started fighting Sambo in 1997 and MMA in 2000. First cage fight was 2009. Are you trying to tell me the first half of an athlete's career was better than the second half? No way...LOL

Fedor still GOAT
So we simply disagree on who the GOAT is. Fair enough. I think I am right. You think you're right. Nothing else to discuss on this topic, really..

I can't help but lol that people think a Russian who fought in a steroid permitted company was the only clean fighter on the roster.

That's some straight up delusion. Kettlebell Fedor was on the juice. Stop pretending.

- Fought in drug testing org
- never tested positive for PEDs
- Won titles in 2 weight classes
- Avenged all losses

Calculating....

Calculating...

images
Hmm who would win a fight..fedor or gsp...yeah...Fedor is goat. But i get it..youre in love with gsps physique. I guess thats ok.

Fedor still GOAT
Except in GSP's case it was a fluke and everyone knows it.

giphy.gif

GSP is the GOAT, sorry.

Hmm who would win a fight..fedor or gsp...yeah...Fedor is goat. But i get it..youre in love with gsps physique. I guess thats ok.
Who would win in a fight, Dan Henderson the MW or HW Fedor?

We already know the answer.... Dan Henderson.

I guess Dan Henderson is the GOAT then.... lol but wait, Anderson Silva beat him... I guess he's the GOAT! Wait, nevermind, he lost to that can Takase...

Takase confirmed GOAT!

It's jones

Period
You're confusing "best" versus "greatest." Determining the best fighter is about which fighter had the highest peak. Determining the greatest fighter is more than that; it's about sustaining a level of excellence over an extended period of time and having the most accomplishments. For example, many people think Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback of all time, but Tom Brady is almost universally considered the GOAT. Although it's arguable that Rodgers may have had a higher peak, Brady has accomplished significantly more (i.e., Super Bowl rings, conference and division titles, passing records, etc.).

Even if you think Jones has had the highest peak of any mma fighter, he simply doesn't have the longevity and hasn't accomplished enough to be the GOAT. If he keeps his nose clean for a few more years and goes back to is level of dominance, then we could have a conversation. But as of now, it's premature.

Except in GSP's case it was a fluke and everyone knows it.

giphy.gif

GSP is the GOAT, sorry.
And Fedor dropped Hendo right before Hendo made a spectacular comeback. Why do you not call that a fluke as well? Most would probably pick Fedor to win a rematch just like GSP over Serra. Anyone who watched PRIDE knows Fedor was the far superior fighter (peak vs peak) When they finally fought, Fedor was already on the downswing while Hendo was jacked and rejuvenated on TRT. Fedor also lost weight to make it more fair for Hendo, weighing 224.

And so what if a 41 year old past prime Fedor lost to Mitrione. Mitrione also KO'ed Derrick Lewis who just fought for a UFC HW title. GSP would also get KTFO if he fought a larger and younger power puncher at 41

The top three is still
1) GSP
2) Fedor
3) Silva

I think GSP has seperated himself(I hate to say this because I'm not a fan) but any one of these guys is acceptable.

No one has accomplished as much or been as dominant, for as long, as them. And that's what greatness is about; it's not about who would beat who in an imaginary fight, it's not about who made more money, it's not about who fought where, it's not even about who is more skilled. It is about who has ACCOMPLISHED the most during their time. That's it.

1. No self proclaimed goats..dc, jon,stipe...its just sad
2.No steroids..andy,jon
3.must be hw fighter..baddest man that can beat other weight champs..sorry george
4.must be complete fighter..striking,wrestling,top and bottom ground game
5.In prime must have a goat winning streak
6.Respected by other fighters as the Goat

Calculating..
Calculating..

Results...

Fedor-Throne.jpg
When u compare potential GOATs, u do not compare Fighter X with Fighter Y, like how the former would fare with the latter in the cage/ring.

What u do compare is:

1/ The way they dominated the game.

2/ The quality of their opponents.

3/ The innovations they brought to the game.

4/ How many HOFers in the resumé.

5/ Quality wins AND quality losses (= put wins & losses INTO CONTEXT)

6/ Ali´s D2BG (Dared 2 Be Great?)... against heavier opponents.

You're confusing "best" versus "greatest." Determining the best fighter is about which fighter had the highest peak. Determining the greatest fighter is more than that; it's about sustaining a level of excellence over an extended period of time and having the most accomplishments. For example, many people think Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback of all time, but Tom Brady is almost universally considered the GOAT. Although it's arguable that Rodgers may have had a higher peak, Brady has accomplished significantly more (i.e., Super Bowl rings, conference and division titles, passing records, etc.).

Even if you think Jones has had the highest peak of any mma fighter, he simply doesn't have the longevity and hasn't accomplished enough to be the GOAT. If he keeps his nose clean for a few more years and goes back to is level of dominance, then we could have a conversation. But as of now, it's premature.

It's jones

Period

Back