How to deal with guys with something to prove in your gym?

James Edwart

Longdongus
@Yellow
Reaction score
I know, stupid question, don't have to remind me, answer if you want to, but don't troll. In my gym, we spar hard pretty much every class because of some stupid guys with big egos. Good thing is, these guys are bad and get their asses handed to them, still, every fucking time we finish sparring they come up to me trying to give me some pep talk and point out my mistakes (Kind of how CM Punk did with Mickey Gall). I know i could just beat them down but i'm not that kind of person. How should i deal with this situation to make them stop, peacefully?

I know, stupid question, don't have to remind me, answer if you want to, but don't troll. In my gym, we spar hard pretty much every class because of some stupid guys with big egos. Good thing is, these guys are bad and get their asses handed to them, still, every fucking time we finish sparring they come up to me trying to give me some pep talk and point out my mistakes (Kind of how CM Punk did with Mickey Gall). I know i could just beat them down but i'm not that kind of person. How should i deal with this situation to make them stop, peacefully?
Strangle them. Jiu-jitsu, the gentle art.

Shoot them in the head.

Stop caring.

I know it's sometimes difficult to just let shit go but if you can master that skill your entire life will improve. Some people walk around just looking for a reason to be pissed off...and they'll always find one.

Not giving a shit like a zen master is a far better way to live.

Hook him up in the ol triangle.

And let him know just how good the wife's cooking really is.

The taint buster. It will turn even the most burly man into a weeping school girl.

First, stop with your own ego. You might be able to kick his ass but are the pointers he gave you wrong? If not, then you can always listen and improve. Pretty sure Manny Pacquiao would school Freddie Roach but that doesn't mean Roach don't got more things to teach Pac.

Just rip them to the body viciously and constantly, that fucking sucks!!

<8>

Say, "Thanks for the advice........Weekend warriors"

And get ready to fill the room up with uppercuts.

Not one "touch him with teh jab"....?

Am disappointed.

Next time they come up to you after class for the pep talk give them a tongue kiss.

Ignore them

Tell them to fuck off

Put them in a twister

Kindly say, I am not looking for advice from a rube, fuck of or ill choke ya.

If you don´t know how to tell idiots to fuck off, maybe you should be taking other classes than BJJ, like a "How to grow some balls" 101.

Footage of TS at the gym
giphy.gif

First, stop with your own ego. You might be able to kick his ass but are the pointers he gave you wrong? If not, then you can always listen and improve. Pretty sure Manny Pacquiao would school Freddie Roach but that doesn't mean Roach don't got more things to teach Pac.
Thank you, i needed to hear that too.

It's as much insecurity as it is ego.

They have an ego, but not the skills to match. So they try to convince themselves and others that they're bad bros by giving out what in all actuality are useless pointers. "I am teaching these kids. that's what's up".

You can let it go, or humble the fuck out of them. There's not soft way around it. You either have to jolt their head out of their ass, or just keep dealing with it.

Remember to keep your hands up though and don't pull guard unless your opponent over-commits and leaves an opening. never leave your hat on the porch and always wear a coat when it's raining in Thailand. Don't put everything into one punch. stay light on your feet but always ready to sprawl. never sprawl.

your welcome kid, now go get 'em tiger ;)

I have a friend who is a road rager. He's a good guy but I absolutely hate this aspect of his personality. He takes it as a personal insult if someone tries to merge in front of him. It's absolutely retarded. I mean who gives a fuck right?

TS's situation reminds me of that.

Back