How to clean boxing gloves

I swear by glove dogs. My last pair of gloves didn't last long, but for the time that I had them, they stunk to high hell. When I got my MT Fairtex gloves, I wanted to make them last for a long time. I've had them for about 4 months now and train 4 times a week and they still smell brand new inside.

I wipe my gloves down with a damp rag on the outside after every session. I spray Lysol on the outside and inside once a week. The Lysol should kill all the germies on the inside. It's been working pretty well for me so far.

I swear by glove dogs. My last pair of gloves didn't last long, but for the time that I had them, they stunk to high hell. When I got my MT Fairtex gloves, I wanted to make them last for a long time. I've had them for about 4 months now and train 4 times a week and they still smell brand new inside.

I wipe my gloves down with a damp rag on the outside after every session. I spray Lysol on the outside and inside once a week. The Lysol should kill all the germies on the inside. It's been working pretty well for me so far.

If you wrap your hands properly it shouldn't be as bad. My gloves don't smell, but they are stained yellow and black inside LOL

My gym has a disinfectant spray ..i just spray it on my gloves, wipe down and leave it to dry.

If you wrap your hands properly it shouldn't be as bad. My gloves don't smell, but they are stained yellow and black inside LOL

Yeah, I wasn't wrapping my hands then either, so that probably helps a lot, too.

I usually air out my gloves after every session preferably in the sun or in front of a fan. I use glove dogs too for when my gloves are in my bag all day. Seems to be working so far. Definitely use clean wraps and if you have more than one pair of gloves, rotate.

Ok, I've looked everywhere and cannot find a decent method of cleaning disgusting boxing gloves.

I've heard of all the febreeze, baking soda, etc. but that doesn't clean out the GERMS and BACTERIA festering inside. That only hides the smell of blood and rotting flesh temporarily, and I'm trying to kill the living organizisms I know are in there.

Will lysol work? Dry clean?

Thanks in advance.

Yo, go to Titleboxing.com and buy this thing called NO B.O. or look up cedar inserts from the same site....its a spray specificially designed for fighting equipment including gloves and it works like a freakin charm. cost about 10 bucks...and its not a smell masker but real deal deoderizer and germ killer with fresh scent. Plus it dont damage your equipment.hope this helps.

good tip to keep your gloves dry is after training put some newspaper inside It will suck the moisture.
you can use foot anti bacterial spray does the job

A guy at my gym just got some crap for having smelly gear. My stuff is still pretty new, so I don't have that problem yet. I don't want to have that problem. I threw my gloves in my patio to dry and junk. I also just placed an order for a set of Glove Dogs.

A guy at my gym just got some crap for having smelly gear. My stuff is still pretty new, so I don't have that problem yet. I don't want to have that problem. I threw my gloves in my patio to dry and junk. I also just placed an order for a set of Glove Dogs.

I wouldn't leave your stuff on the patio, another member on this forum Clamp got his stuff jacked off of his porch. Just sayin.

I can't believe no one has mentioned LAUNDRY SHEETS. They are hands down the best way to clean your gloves. Not sure what they are called in the US though.

They are basically laundry detergent in a dissolveable sheet form, you put em inside your gloves and it's like washing the inside of your gloves without all the obvious side effects of water.

Google them. You'll see.

They've extended many a glove life for me in the past that otherwise was funky enough to be thrown away.

Gloved started to smell like ass, shoved some newspaper in them and it worked llike a charm
Posted via Mobile Device

If you train hard, then gloves shouldn't last more than a year or so w/o compromising protection to your hands as the foam breaks down and wear out. Your joints will start hurting due to the jarring of your bones. I buy a new pair every year about.

But if they stink bad, then it's usually too late. The last ditch effort is to throw them in the washing machine and then air them dry. Nothing to lose. This has helped the most for a short time until the stink returns.

With new gloves, I always spray Lysol inside & outside after use and then leave them in a shed outdoors with the doors open. I have like 20 pairs of handwraps and always use new ones from the laundry. I also hang them, along with all gym clothes, underwear, etc. outside, right after.

Dryer sheets help, but once the gloves stinks so bad, it's really too late. Too much bacteria has grown inside. I sprayed at least a 1/2 bottle of Lysol into one (over a week) and it still stinks. Some old gloves have sat outside in the shed through all 4 seasons for at least 3 years (then I give them away or sell them). The freezing cold helps, but still can't fix the stink. The leather looks ok.

That spray stuff at Title for $10 can't be better than Lysol. It's just high priced antibacterial spray. I spray everything with Lysol but I go easy on the headgear since it sits on my face.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned using boot dryers. They would dry them out faster which should help keep the smell factor down. Plus they accomodate pairs of boots or whatever you want to put on them. Otherwise, to kill existing odor, whatever they use on hockey gear should work.

Fanning out your gloves, not leaving them in your bag. You could also use goog smelling hand sanitizer before airing gloves out

ive never had to clean or do anything to my gloves, and never had a problem. I train 3 times a week for 2 hours right now, and I used to train 5 times a week, about 7 hours before...

I think the key is to always wash your handwraps. Once your handwraps start to smell, its gonna get right into your gloves. So the first thing I do when I get home is take everything out of my gym bag... lay out the handwraps so they arent bunched together, undo the velcro on both gloves and leave them out to breathe.

None of my gloves have any scent really

guys. this is so simple. after working out, wipe the insides down with a paper towel, then rub the inside with an alcohol free anti-bacterial wipe. outside too if you're a big sweater like me... i throw the meister fresh linen glove deodorizers in there for a backup and take them out when i get home so they can air dry, but probably don't even need them.

Back