How tight should spats be?

cakemuncher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I am undecided between two sizes.

The smaller size fits like second skin, but it also feels like it gives some resistance to the movement. It grips butt and waist quite tight and also sits a bit low on the waist (inb4 exposed butt crack).

The bigger size is considerably looser, it grips the legs but gives absolutely no feeling of tightness or resistance, there is some extra material in the crotch area, it slightly ripples on the sides of thighs, sits higher on the waist and is not very tight there.

I think I am more inclined to go with the bigger size, I am just not sure if spats are supposed to feel so comfortable, or if they should provide the feeling of tightness and resistance?

I personally would go with a smaller size. But if the smaller is restricting movement and uncomfortable I would probably go up a size. It is preference, if the bigger size isn't super baggy that pair might be better since you could move more (and your butt won't pop out!)

Maybe its the brand?

It could be the brand (it's Tatami). I like the features and the build quality, but the fit is not good on either of them as I'm right in-between the two sizes.

With the smaller size, I like the feeling of slickness it provides. It's not really restricting the movement, it's just giving resistance (e.g.when spreading legs), it feels almost like an additional workout and I'm wondering if it would eventually tire me out.

The bigger one has no resistance, but it also doesn't feel like it gives any 'support' to the muscles whatsoever because it grips the body so lightly.

I think I'll keep one of those for now, but keep looking for a better fit with another brand or model.

Back