How This 7-Year-Old Made $22 Million Playing With Toys

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ryan of Ryan Toysreview really isn’t that different from any other first grader. The 7-year-old loves trains and cars; he giggles over Disney characters; he builds entire civilizations with Legos.

Except when he plays, he does so in front of a camera. An adult, presumably, then promptly uploads these videos onto his YouTube channel for his millions of followers—most of whom are elementary-school-age peers.

These short, simple videos have made Ryan one of the most popular influencers online, with 17.3 million followers and a total of nearly 26 billion views since he (and his parents) launched his main channel, Ryan ToysReview, in March 2015. For Ryan, this means not only an endless stream of toys to play with but also a seemingly endless stream of money: He was this year’s highest-paid YouTube star, earning $22 million in the 12 months leading up to June 1, 2018, Forbes estimates.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddie...-22-million-playing-with-toys-2/#22a473124459

More power to him, he's set for life.

What is the secret or building such a huge fanbase and achieving such virality? It has to be an extra ingredient than just "be interesting ".

What is the secret or building such a huge fanbase and achieving such virality? It has to be an extra ingredient than just "be interesting ".

I would say these guys managed it without even meeting that first criterion.

I think luck for the most part. Consistent videos, clean production, and something that appeals to kids who binge watch. Not great production mind you, just enough to not notice. You can still fail with everything in place but the chosen ones tend to luck out in the algorithm. Having a fan base in another less competitive country helps too because of algorithms.

Must be nice to pimp your kid out on the internet for millions
LOL, true.

But hey it got them paid and as conor mcgregor has shown millions to be made by exploitation.

Also, it smells like divorce, lawsuits and future bankruptcy in this families future.

You mean the parents made 22$ million? We'll see how much money there's left by the time the kid reaches adulthood.

I'm gonna start live streaming myself sherdogging. If people will watch a kid play with toys or a European dude play COD people will watch me sherbro out. Bump when I'm rich

I'm gonna start live streaming myself sherdogging. If people will watch a kid play with toys or a European dude play COD people will watch me sherbro out. Bump when I'm rich

I'll watch for support.

But you seriously wouldn't realize what people have a fanbase for. Some people get tons of followers for simply playing video games.

They should add the parents doing blow with that money on their videos

you mean you wish you had though of that idea first..? or maybe you wish your kid was as cute or outgoing as that one on camera?...

lol

I'm so jealous of this exploitation, I wish my 19-year-old son was involved in something like this years before YouTube even existed omglol

you mean you wish you had though of that idea first..? or maybe you wish your kid was as cute or outgoing as that one on camera?...

lol

My kids fit that description perfectly yet I know there are plenty of sick fucks out there so I would never put a video of them on YouTube.

I'm so jealous of this exploitation, I wish my 19-year-old son was involved in something like this years before YouTube even existed omglol

exploitation? the kid is playing with toys all day long and he gets paid for it. lol.

that's a funny definition of exploitation considering he'd be doing the same shit more or less if no one paid attention.

Ryan of Ryan Toysreview really isn’t that different from any other first grader. The 7-year-old loves trains and cars; he giggles over Disney characters; he builds entire civilizations with Legos.

Except when he plays, he does so in front of a camera. An adult, presumably, then promptly uploads these videos onto his YouTube channel for his millions of followers—most of whom are elementary-school-age peers.

These short, simple videos have made Ryan one of the most popular influencers online, with 17.3 million followers and a total of nearly 26 billion views since he (and his parents) launched his main channel, Ryan ToysReview, in March 2015. For Ryan, this means not only an endless stream of toys to play with but also a seemingly endless stream of money: He was this year’s highest-paid YouTube star, earning $22 million in the 12 months leading up to June 1, 2018, Forbes estimates.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddie...-22-million-playing-with-toys-2/#22a473124459

My 4 year old loves that kid's videos. I personally dont get it but then again I was born in the 80s when playing on a building site was considered great fun

Last edited:
He is likely the wealthiest indigenous Filipino. At 7 years old, that is pretty sad.

He is likely the wealthiest indigenous Filipino. At 7 years old, that is pretty sad.
maxresdefault.jpg

Filipinos are also the highest average wealth among Asian-Americans.
Asian-American-Newswire_Median%20HH%20Income.jpg

Back