How the hell is the WWE not dead yet?

cck311**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean really, who even watches it anymore? I don't know what the super PC totally non-offensive term they use nowadays is, but I have a buddy who is mentally retarded. For the past decade or so it seems like he and other mentally retarded people are literally the only people I know who still watch it. Last time I saw him, I asked him who the current WWE champ is, and he didn't even know. He said WWE is lame now and he got bored of it. I don't even see little kids walking around in pro wrestler shirts like I used to. I almost feel like a kid would get made fun of for that now. I basically don't know anybody who watches WWE, but it's still on the air and they look to have decent crowds so...

Dude, so many people still watch it, and they cannot all be retarded. It's just escapism wrapped in leotards

I watch the PPV's. There's a lot of good talent in the WWE right now. Plus these thighs

tumblr_o1blunaEL91rmv1vdo1_400.gif

I almost feel like a kid would get made fun of for that now. I

A kid would get made fun of that ten years ago. All it is is entertainment. I used to watch in the late 90s and the Rock would say some straight up funny shit. It was entertaining.

What you need to be griping about are bitches watching the Bachelor - that shit's straight up terrible.

It's like NASCAR: Just because you don't watch it doesn't mean that it can't have a huge audience base.

A kid would get made fun of that ten years ago. All it is is entertainment. I used to watch in the late 90s and the Rock would say some straight up funny shit. It was entertaining.

What you need to be griping about are bitches watching the Bachelor - that shit's straight up terrible.
Who says I am griping about it? I honestly don't care if people still watch WWE. I was a huge fan as a teen back in the "attitude era." I just am perplexed as to how it is continuing when (at least from my observations) nobody is watching it anymore.

Kids/teens still watch it. Why is bugs bunny still around?

Move on with your life.

It's like NASCAR: Just because you don't watch it doesn't mean that it can't have a huge audience base.
Yes, but I know people who watch NASCAR. I also know people who follow rodeo and many other things that the general populace doesn't really follow. It seems to me like interest in the WWE is flat ass dead though. Maybe other parts of the country have much higher viewership of the program than we do here in Utah, though.

I watch occasionally.

Go jump off your 3 foot couch on to your back, right now. About a 50% chance you get hurt in a way that affects your daily life for a while. Now think about what these guys and girls fkn do. It's insane. SOME of them are entertaining actors as well. SOME of the story lines are compelling. Most are not, to be honest. I get a good laugh out of it once in a while as well.

Last edited:
Who says I am griping about it? I honestly don't care if people still watch WWE. I was a huge fan as a teen back in the "attitude era." I just am perplexed as to how it is continuing when (at least from my observations) nobody is watching it anymore.
Tons of people still do though. My sons love watching, so when I have them, I end up watching too. I agree it's certainly not as good as I remember growing up, but there is just something about the silliness of it all, and the women, that will keep it on air for many years to come. At least that is what I think.

Kids love it and it still generates a ton of revenue.

I watch occasionally.

Go jump off your 3 foot couch on to your back, right now. About a 50% chance you get hurt in a way that affects your daily life for a while. Now think about neatbthese guys and girls fkn do. It's insane. SOME of them are entertaining actors as well. SOME of the story lines are compelling. Most are not, to be honest. I get a good laugh out of it once in a while as well.

Like when Booker T says :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and he immediatly regrets it.

Funny shit considering what happened to Terry.

And then there's the fact they sell out arenas.

Some of it is actually geared towards retarded people, I believe. Much of it not lol.

Seth Rollins, a good athlete with talent, had a video on the wwe Facebook page the other day where he was selling wrist wraps lol.. Like, encouraging people to wear his wrist wraps to wwe events. He fought so hard not to laugh man.. The way the video started with his head down you could tell it was like take 8, and he cracked up each time. That made me laugh, and yes, the only ones who would take that promo or product seriously are special needs people. The rest of us enjoy it in a different way.

Last edited:
Not all Trump voters are WWE fans but all WWE fans are Trump voters

You should have put this in the Pro wrestling forum. You'll get your answers there.

I admit I know next to nothing about whats happened in the WWE in the last decade or more besides Cena being famous and Lesnar still being there but I do think its a bit amusing the hatred MMA fans have for it. The reality for me is that the UFC sells itself very much like the WWE in terms of keeping things in house, building fueds and a strong attachment to the brand.

Its basically "real pro wrestling" that defines itself by how much more grown up than "fake pro wrestling" it is, reminds me of popstars who give themselves a "edgy" supposedly credible makeover for fans who like to consider themselves more mature but are really still selling the the same thing.

Back