How the hell did only one judge give Castillo a 10-8?

stop scoring fights if you don't think that first round was a 10-8. jesus christ people i love barboza too, but get his nuts out of your throats.

Yeeeeeep, this is correct. Barboza the most consistently overhyped/overvalued fighter on the planet. Fun to watch, but holy shit do people go crazy with the hyperbole. 28-28 tonight for anyone with eyes, brain, pulse.

Draw would have been fine, Barboza winning was fine too

It was pretty bad, 10-8 all the way. If Barboza hadn't used the fence I'd be ok w/ him winning although it should still have been a draw using 10 point must system.

Bad reffing. That fight was clearly a draw.

no way the 2nd was a 10-8, cmon ppl.

Offense was almost 100% from Barboza and he dropped and almost finished him both 1 and 2 should be scored 10-8. Barboza wins either way. Barboza at least was winning rd 1 until he got clipped. There was no point Castillo had any offense in rd 2 and almost got finished.

You need to lay on a guy and do nothing all round to get a 10-8, like Griffin did to Rampage.

I actually thought it should have been a 27-27 draw:

Round 1) 10-7 Castillo
Round 2) 10-8 Barbosa
Round 3) 10-9 Barbosa

I knew this wouldn't happen because MMA judges NEVER give 10-7 rounds and very rarely give 10-8s, but if round 1 wasn't a 10-7 round, what is? The fight could very easily have been stopped.

Castillo 10-8
Barboza 10-8
Barboza 10-9

Barboza 28-27

Just because Rogan goes nuts over leg kicks doesn't make round two a 10-8. It was a very clear win for Barboza in round 2, but not a 10-8. Castillos was an EASY 10-8 fight was an obvious draw.

This. No way Barbosa beat Castillo anything like as bad in the 2nd as he was beaten in the 1st. In my eyes, even round by round on a 10 point must system, AT BEST (for Barbosa) it was a draw.

I don't feel the whole bitching about not getting a draw? First round be damned, if you watched that fight and didn't feel Barbosa won at the end then there is something wrong with you.. Seems silly to try to use the little loopholes that people despise about judging to justify a petty complaint about a great overall fight with an awesome comeback... Some people just need something to bitch about, I guess.

Props to both dudes, glad the outcome was what it was.

He has flashy KO kick in the past and has been overrated for years so you have to say he got a 10-8 round also and clearly won the fight..It's Science.

A draw would've been fair, IMO.
But I prefer Barboza as a fighter so not bothered. Castillo was awesome in round 1.

That was some terrible judging. Should have been 10-8 first round and draw. A few Barboza nut huggers in here too. 10-8 second round? GTFO obviously you were far too influenced by the commentary

Let's be honest, what strengths the point.

Also, a draw would not have been indicative of the fight. Barboza won the fight. He dominated in the last 2 frames. 29-28 twice and one judge seeing a draw is actually a pretty good outcome.

Barboza most definitely scored a 10-8 2nd round. I just re watched the fight to double check.

The entire fight changed when Barboza came out and landed 5 huge leg kicks in the first minute of the 2nd round. From there he just completely tore Castillo up. I don't think Castillo landed 1 strike in the 2nd round. He ended up dropping him and almost finishing him at the end of the round. The entire 2nd round was Barboza beating the crap out of Danny.

Back