How the hell did only one judge give Castillo a 10-8?

Rd.1 was not as much of a blowout as people are making it. Barboza was hurt but he was still fighting back, keeping him at bay more or less and avoided being finished by defending well. If Rd 1 was a 10-8, so was Rd 2 because Castillo was more than ready to call it quits by the time it was over. He was a zombie in rd 3 and barely landed anything. If you would call that fight a tie, you are a terrible judge and should reassess your credentials.

I scored it a 28-28 draw. Seemed like a fairly obvious 10-8 first to me.

Disgusting. That was one of the most one sided rounds of the year. Judges are shit

Rd.1 was not as much of a blowout as people are making it. Barboza was hurt but he was still fighting back, keeping him at bay more or less and avoided being finished by defending well. If Rd 1 was a 10-8, so was Rd 2 because Castillo was more than ready to call it quits by the time it was over. He was a zombie in rd 3 and barely landed anything. If you would call that fight a tie, you are a terrible judge and should reassess your credentials.

You are blind or love Barboza.

I'm indifferent about both fighters, was the most obvious draw i've ever witnessed.

Just because Rogan goes nuts over leg kicks doesn't make round two a 10-8. It was a very clear win for Barboza in round 2, but not a 10-8. Castillos was an EASY 10-8 fight was an obvious draw.

he was going ape shit for flailing g-n-p -outside of the bit shot and a few elbows danny did not land anything big.

thank god refs don't have to hear joe freaking out. JOe the king of hyperbole.

Yea i've been posting here for years and decided that today would be a good time to give this MMA thing a view.

Oh I see. Cause if you had seen last week's event you would have seen a true draw...

Just because Rogan goes nuts over leg kicks doesn't make round two a 10-8. It was a very clear win for Barboza in round 2, but not a 10-8. Castillos was an EASY 10-8 fight was an obvious draw.

No, there is no way round 2 was 10-8. That's fucking ridiculous. He tore up his leg, dropped him with a left hook, had a near sub, and dominated him the whole round with no offense from Danny. That was a 10-8.

I don't know how I feel about the decision, but round 1 was a 10-8 for Castillo IMO. I don't really disagree with Barboza winning, but I wouldn't have been mad at a draw. I thought Edson definitely did more to win the fight overall in rounds 2 and 3, though.

thank you

No, there is no way round 2 was 10-8. That's fucking ridiculous. He tore up his leg, dropped him with a left hook, had a near sub, and dominated him the whole round with no offense from Danny. That was a 10-8.

I disagree with you about round 2, but i'd be more accepting of that being the case then what happened; the judges scoring both of the first two rounds 10-8's would have made more sense than 10-8 only showing up on the scorecard once by one judge.

Last edited:
Oh I see. Cause if you had seen last week's event you would have seen a true draw...

I did watch, and liked that call. Although I think this one was even more of draw by scoring it. I thought last week was just a case of two people who beat the hell out of each other to the point that I didn't want to see either of them given a loss.

I disagree with you about round 2, but i'd be more accepting of that being the case then what happened; the judges scoring both of the first two rounds 10-8's than I am of 10-8 only showing up on the scorecard once by one judge.

I think round 2 was a clear 10-8, but I agree with how ridiculous that was. I don't know how anyone could watch the first round and call it a 10-9. I was completely stupefied, I just don't understand.

I did watch, and liked that call. Although I think this one was even more of draw by scoring it. I thought last week was just a case of two people who beat the hell out of each other to the point that I didn't want to see either of them given a loss.

I see your point and understand that a case could be made for a 10-8 first round. But for the sake of consistency, its tought to say this was a 10-8 after Bader nearly murdered Perosh and had only one 10-8 round...

this.

first round wasn't a 10-8. barboza was winning the fight until he got tagged. castillo won the first round but it was a 10-9 in a discrete system or 10-8.5 in a half point 10 must system.

Um no. It was a brutal 10-8. He beat the fuck out of him and Barboza did nothing. He was only saved by grabbing the fence to get leverage and protect himself from a deep rear naked choke attempt and so should have been deducted a point to boot. It was a 10-7 round.

this.

first round wasn't a 10-8. barboza was winning the fight until he got tagged. castillo won the first round but it was a 10-9 in a discrete system or 10-8.5 in a half point 10 must system.

stop scoring fights if you don't think that first round was a 10-8. jesus christ people i love barboza too, but get his nuts out of your throats.

I can't recall a time I've seen all three judges score a 10/8 round. Some just won't do it.

I only saw 10 minutes of the fight, but I am not completely sure how Barboza won the fight, especially if a judge scored the first round 10-8. Aside from the two shots to the gut, Castillo seemed to win the 3rd. Again, I didn't see all of it, and the video I saw was the extended highlights.

Back