How the hell did John Gunther stay undefeated

Killroy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
His striking offense and defense looked terrible, just on a different level than the other guys.
He seems like a nice guy and definitely a tough s.o.b. but how has that guy never been defeated before.

Dude is like 31 or 32 too, this is it for him, he is not gotta get any better.

He does seem like a badass, and a very tough guy. However, watching that fight I had the same question. I figured he just fought real bums on the regionals, but sherdog (who has him at 4-0) lists his opponents as a combined 18-8. The last two a combined 15-2. They must have had very poor tdd, because those seem like his only real weapon.

Had to been a bunch of cans with zero takedown defense. His striking is even worse than Punk's

Shame we had these two cans fight for a spot in the final. Brad and Brice seem waaaay better.

He fact Dana LET Stipe give him another chance over Jose is a joke. Gunther is an interesting character, but may be the worst fighter on this season

He scored multiple takedowns and nearly caught Trizano in the rarely seen estima reverse triangle.

Don't think I've seen anyone hit it in MMA other than Mcgeary vs Tito.

Shame we had these two cans fight for a spot in the final. Brad and Brice seem waaaay better.

Trizano striking looked very good. Not sure what you're talking about. His hands looked way better than Katonas.

He fact Dana LET Stipe give him another chance over Jose is a joke. Gunther is an interesting character, but may be the worst fighter on this season

Such bullshit how Stipe said I'm not going to be biased when making his selection but then picked Gunther over Martinez. When Martinez is clearly a vastly superior fighter

?

Wrong bracket. Trizano is fighting the Zuniga/Gianetti winner. Battle of the guy who won in 10 seconds versus the guy who won in 0 seconds.

The 145 bracket on the other hand was stacked.

Back