How the hell did Dvalishvili survive that choke?

Choke wasn't tight TIGHT, he wasn't out, probably a little light headed at the end, but not "out".

Before he went out dude.

Even if he was, the ref did not call it. We've seen fighters go out and come back after a second punch and they continue fighting and the ref does not stop it. The REF didn't call anything. The bell and horn sound, only then he decides that the fight was over? What kinda of cockamamie referring is that?

Even if he was, the ref did not call it. We've seen fighters go out and come back after a second punch and they continue fighting and the ref does not stop it. The REF didn't call anything. The bell and horn sound, only then he decides that the fight was over? What kinda of cockamamie referring is that?
Nice.

I agree it's weird but I feel it was the right call and right fighter won. Either was it was fuckin weird.

It's a weird call, after the buzzer, I agree... but it's not the first time we've seen someone keep flailing limbs after they were knocked or choked unconscious.

giphy.gif

He was out.
I am going to use this same gif to make the exact opposite conclusion. Holly clearly spasms her arms (going out), then VERY clearly goes 100% limp (out).

He wasn't out. Out is the opposite of flailing, as seen above.

This will happen more and more. First it was excused outright prior to a tap with Chisea/Lee (despite the SAME GODDAMN CARD having a locked RNC where the person didn't tap, fight actually went on), and now again. Of course he was dazed despite giving the thumbs up... you ever been in a choke for awhile? Isn't comfortable. Doesn't change the fact he wasn't out.

I say we finish the pretense and just call fights as soon as Joe yells "it is locked" the 50 times a night he does that, because who cares about actual results/submissions/rules. Or better yet, let's just quarterback it beforehand and rule the fights wins via sub if a majority of fans think one guy will sub the other before the fight starts. I'll rule Khabib/Conor a submission via kimura rd 2 now, you're welcome.

I am going to use this same gif to make the exact opposite conclusion. Holly clearly spasms her arms (going out), then VERY clearly goes 100% limp (out).

This will happen more and more. First it was excused outright prior to a tap with Chisea/Lee (despite the SAME GODDAMN CARD having a locked RNC where the person didn't tap, fight actually went on), and now again. Of course he was dazed despite giving the thumbs up... you ever been in a choke for awhile? Isn't comfortable. Doesn't change the fact he wasn't out.

I say we finish the pretense and just call fights as soon as Joe yells "it is locked" the 50 times a night he does that, because who cares about actual results/submissions/rules. Or better yet, let's just quarterback it beforehand and rule the fights wins via sub if a majority of fans think one guy will sub the other before the fight starts. I'll rule Khabib/Conor a submission via kimura rd 2 now, you're welcome.

Sooooo... when she was punching air in front of her while her opponent was on her back Holly wasn't "out" enough for you?

Sooooo... when she was punching air in front of her while her opponent was on her back Holly wasn't "out" enough for you?
She didn't tap, she went out, ref saw it, called the fight (tech sub). EXACTLY how it should be. Objective criteria/fair/no questions. No one on planet Earth disputes that.

Everyone in the universe disputes this, as evidenced by the thread.

Honestly shocked this is any controversy at all. WE SHOULD ALL BE ON THE SAME SIDE for the sake of clarity, sake of the fighters, sake of consistency in the sport. Clearly there need to be rules and this "just kidding, let's call it despite you not tapping and you not clearly being out" shit is a slippery slope that begs to invite corruption (just watch when it happens in a controversial/career-altering title fight in favor of clear marketing favorite and all the people cheering it on invoke the time-honored BS Sherdog "shutup, just accept it" logic that has no logical consistency whatsoever).

She didn't tap, she went out, ref saw it, called the fight (tech sub). EXACTLY how it should be. Objective criteria/fair/no questions. No one on planet Earth disputes that.

Everyone in the universe disputes this, as evidenced by the thread.

Honestly shocked this is any controversy at all. WE SHOULD ALL BE ON THE SAME SIDE for the sake of clarity, sake of the fighters, sake of consistency in the sport. Clearly there need to be rules and this "just kidding, let's call it despite you not tapping and you not clearly being out" shit is a slippery slope that begs to invite corruption (just watch when it happens in a controversial/career-altering title fight in favor of clear marketing favorite and all the people cheering it on invoke the time-honored BS Sherdog "shutup, just accept it" logic that has no logical consistency whatsoever).

I actually don't disagree. I was just expressing my opinion that he was, indeed, out. I don't think that means it was a good call to retroactively declare a technical sub when the guy made it to the buzzer kicking his feet.

He was out from the choke so when the round ended the ref saw and called it. It's a good call actually.
There's zero argument that it was a good call, and I worry about anyone who actually thinks that. If you're saying it should have been stopped, then the good call would have been to actually stop it, either when the guy actually was out, or when the ref can argue there was no "intelligent defense." And then the result would have been a technical submission. If that's what we can settle on being a "good call," I'm fine with that, but if you're saying what the ref did was right, I don't think there's a current medical neuro-developmental term to describe how retarded that is.

People mad it didnt go to decision? Wtf, fuck the judges decisions. Im glad someone won without the need of judges.
DbWf6tbX4AAF__h.jpg

It was quite a spread

Right.

Wrong.

Holly only did that a couple of times. Her body goes limp afterwards, it's easy to see.

Dvalishvilli was kicking his legs for almost a minute and never stopped until the ref broke the hold at the sound of the buzzer, because he didn't need to anymore.

Then Simon points to his face to say "look, he's out", which he wasn't, because Dvalishvilli smacks his hand away and was like..."GTFO of here with that, I was just in a choke hold for almost a minute, I can't lay my head down to recuperate for a minute."

That was some fake WWE shit. Flail your legs around so it seems you are 'fighting' the choke and all the dumb fans are on edge of seat. The Michael Flatley choke defense

2bbf292bd0ae8553903e485c3014ab5b.gif

Bad call IMO. Should have went to the scorecards.

That guy had good takedowns but looked amateurish on the ground. He kept getting flipped over after taking his opponent's back & getting reversed. I felt bad for him though that the ref called it a loss after he lasted or appeared to last through the choke. It seemed kind of sadistic to wait until after he's getting his head twisted off to call the fight a loss for him.

Wtf was that guy doing? Flailing his legs from the bottom but not moving either of his arms to try and escape. Then he stands there after like he thought he won the fight during the winner announcement. Who are these bums the ufc is letting in these days?

He was working to free he legs and showing the ref he was not out.

Ref stopped the fight when the horn sounded not for anything else.

He stopped flailing for a second maybe after the fight.

I feel he survived until the end

I really don’t understand how people think he was still conscious at the end of the fight.

uSMDfvw.gif

When he lets go of the guillotine his head flops to the mat and his arms go limp. He is literally staring at the ceiling with his leg twitching. Look at his eyes.

OUT.

Homie was in a mounted guillotine for like a minute straight, flailing his kee-kees for dear life.

WOW
He went out for a bit.

Still though, tough as nails for not tapping and doing his damnist to make it to the bell.

I think all what happened, is he was slowly passing out and didn't go out completely. At the point when the choke was released he was semi-conscious.

I agree if it was a street fight he lost. And MMA is like a street fight in many ways, but it isn’t one. There are rules. And one of those rules is if you get to the final buzzer and the ref didn’t call it, IT GOES TO A DECISION!

I really don’t understand how people think he was still conscious at the end of the fight.

uSMDfvw.gif

When he lets go of the guillotine his head flops to the mat and his arms go limp. He is literally staring at the ceiling with his leg twitching. Look at his eyes.

OUT.

I think he was out, but one thing your gif conveniently doesn’t show is that right after his opponent points at him and says “He’s out” he turns to his opponent and says “No I’m not!”

Back