How the f**k do you make friends as an adult

It's weird, the older I've gotten the less I like people in general and thus the less interested in making new friends I've become. I'm content to stick with the people I've been friends with for years even tho time, work, families, and so on have limited our time spent together in recent years. I spend more time on my own personal interests now and improving my immediate situation than anything else.

People suck, why would you want to meet more of them?

It's bad enough I have to pretend I like the people at work. I keep getting slagged because I never go to after work events.

I have a couple of close friends that I've grown up with so there's history there, but the idea of making new friends? Gross! Meeting up with a long time friend once a month is plenty.

I love going to my buddies house whose back yard is set up as an airsoft, pellet, crossbow, and bow shooting range.
That actually seems like a good time.
I shot an AK a few weeks ago for the first time.
Shooting accurately is a sport in itself.

East Village
You're in a great spot.
I'm trying to go back in a few months.
Think I'll be living off 71st a little below the Upper West Side or possibly Mid Town

I make them throug work usually, its the nature of ny industry to meet new people regularly

Friends as in you can talk to the person about anything and have their back and vice versa, or friends as in hey i just met those 5 people at a party last week and now we're all best friends?

The first would take time and you jut let it happen naturally, the second you can just go out and start talking to all cummers.

Don't shit on me too hard.. legit asking advice

I was an athlete in college didn't know what to do when it was all over. I thought grad assistant would be a good idea, but coaching positions are scarce. I find myself in Kansas City (not a big city, but big for me) and the only people i know are married.

I workout everyday but I'm in an area that seems to be made up of townies that all know each other..

My work colleagues are either incredibly older or are a little older and are too goal driven to connect with
I live in Kansas City lol.

It's weird, the older I've gotten the less I like people in general and thus the less interested in making new friends I've become. I'm content to stick with the people I've been friends with for years even tho time, work, families, and so on have limited our time spent together in recent years. I spend more time on my own personal interests now and improving my immediate situation than anything else.
what are these "personal interests" that require you to be alone?

Don't shit on me too hard.. legit asking advice

I was an athlete in college didn't know what to do when it was all over. I thought grad assistant would be a good idea, but coaching positions are scarce. I find myself in Kansas City (not a big city, but big for me) and the only people i know are married.

I workout everyday but I'm in an area that seems to be made up of townies that all know each other..

My work colleagues are either incredibly older or are a little older and are too goal driven to connect with
I live in Kansas City lol.
@FlyThaiMMA does too if you're super into gay sex

I get your "friends are married" pain, mine are mostly getting married or having kids. I made new friends by joining a new BJJ club and by volunteering recently, also looking forward to meeting new people in grad school next year.

I feel your pain. I get forced to hang out with my girls friends boyfriend's while the girls do stuff together. They're all a bunch of 115lb hipsters. I tried to teach one to shoot a bow the other day and he couldn't even draw it. So I said ok let's go drink and he wouldn't because apparently the beer I had wasn't vegan. These are pretty much the only guys I meet nowadays

You serious?

Join a kickball league.
Be hilarious.
Get an extroverted roommate.
Join the Marine corps.
Go to church, drink in the back.
Share.

Maybe going regularly to a local poker room or start playing a collectible card game at your local hobby shop. You may be averse to the card game scene but you might be surprised with the clientele. Sure there will be extreme neck beards, but you're already here so that's nothing new... If you're an athlete or fit you may be more appealing to the cute elf girls needing to cum out of their "cloaks" if you know what I'm saying...

I'd suggest MagicTG but there are many more...

Back