How the f*ck was WWE stock at an all-time high last month?

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't watch WWE anymore but have been tuning in for the behind-the-scenes stuff and I'm perplexed with this development. Most of the real talent seem content being out from WWE because they can actually make more money being away from the meat grinder.

AFAIK the viewership for RAW is at a record low. Cena is on his way out, Reigns will be a terrible replacement for him. The recent Lesnar vs Reigns main event of I don't know what PPV was it was a complete bust. Triple H is not a well-loved or well-educated executive, he just wifed Stephanie.

490x-1.png

https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/WWE:US

5 year lucrative TV deals with USA and Fox Sports? Why?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...n-new-tv-deals-for-raw-smackdown-with-usa-fox

I dont watch WWE anymore but let me tell you every single thing wrong with it

because networks will pay premium for live sports

and Raw is still the top ratings maker for USA Network which was the top rated cable network from last year

The stock market is the reason why WWE doesn't care about the booking. When the stock drops significantly, expect WWE to give what the fans really want.

They have always been really good at merch sales is about all I know

Because there is a cult of corporate that assigns value to PCness.. It's garbage, and it needs to be taken down. Steph being the PC leader of the crap builds faux value during this weird time. Look at inc. Magazine; you would think PC crap and fake caring about b.s. is all a company needs. It's sick.

WWE have some real talent but the writing is God awful and creative appear at odds with the audience. The PG certificate must be a nightmare to work with, stifling the product.

Pro wrestling is fun, granted its about 20 years since I watched an episode.
Thinking about tuning in for shits and giggles

My, my, how things have changed in 10 months.

Billionaire-backed AEW has a rabid fanbase while WWE ratings are in shitsville.

I just checked, and WWE's stock price went as high as a freaking hundred dollars a share in late April.

Since then, its fallen to $73.49. I'd hate to be the guy that bought in at its peak. But, that's still good for now, but if I'd consider this stock to be volatile and likely to drop like a rock as AEW gains popularity.

I just checked, and WWE's stock price went as high as a freaking hundred dollars a share in late April.

Since then, its fallen to $73.49. I'd hate to be the guy that bought in at its peak. But, that's still good for now, but if I'd consider this stock to be volatile and likely to drop like a rock as AEW gains popularity.

You don't believe that.

AEW will consider it a success to even get half a million viewers for their tv TV show.

People really got to stop overstating their buzz outside the rasslin bubble.

AEW will consider it a success to even get half a million viewers for their tv TV show.

People really got to stop overstating their buzz outside the rasslin bubble.
How do you know what they'll consider a success?

Back