How tall is Andre the Giant in this photo...?

hqdefault.jpg

Lol. 8ft tall.

Lol. 8ft tall.

Vince used to have Andre stand on a box during TV interviews (no audience, of course).

Also Andre was told to never be seen in public or photographed standing by NBA players, especially Wilt and Kareem.

Andre had a bad back and knees at that point, so his posture was messed up and his cartilage was broken down, but he was a true giant in that he kept on growing due to agromegaly brought on by a pituitary tumor, so he'd keep on growing, but his body could no longer support it as well due to how broken down he was.

Put Giant Gonzalez in the same pic and they'd all look like pathetic manlets

23_wwe-encyclopedia-1180.jpg

The thing about Andre wasn't just his height, it was his overall size and athleticism. The giant frame, massive strength, and actual agility.

7 feet.

Wilt claimed to have sex with 50,000 women, right? Man.. There are some beanpole tribesmen in Africa who have trouble getting laid in their own village (because the women aren't as stupid) that are in the wrong business.

The difference of course is that Andre wasn't at all lanky yet still around 7 foot.

[/QUOTE]

Was an absolute beast at that age.

Wilt is legit tall.
Him and Andre make Arnold look like an overcompensating manlet.

I'm not buying the arguments he's under 7 feet. Arnold was a solid 6'2 through his prime and Andre is comfortably a foot taller.

The thing about Andre wasn't just his height, it was his overall size and athleticism. The giant frame, massive strength, and actual agility.

It's fun seeing those hurricanranas back in 1968. I was waiting for Andre to power bomb his ass.

In the HBO doc, Vince M said he wasn't 7'4 as billed, but was a legit 7'. Sounds about right.

Side note: having met both Andre and Wilt (at different times), standing beside either of them is kind of surreal, and I'm a little over 6'1.

Back