How strong is "strong enough" for you???

old.jpg

I agree with you. if you read my comment I said for me personally. but lifting more weight definitely increases your odds of injuring yourself. like I said for me personally im at a point where id rather go lighter due to aches and pains. But if you can still go heavy and your body is pain free then that's for you.

Sounds like you were a bench monkey back in the day. Gotta keep them shoulders healthy with a TON of rows and various pulls. People tend to do too many presses for shoulders and not enough pulling and it causes shoulder impingement and subsequently pain.

It is ever changing. At one point I thought strong was repping 225 on bench and squats, and 315 on deadlifts. Since I have gotten there, now I really want to bench 315 for reps and squat/dl 405 for reps. With a specific goal to hit a 500lb deadlift. Right now lifting weights is the only physical thing I really do. Once my kids get into school and I'm able to get into competitive sports again, my lifting priorities will likely change as I won't be able to lift as often.

That's how this place got to the state it's in now lol.

If it's a bullshit thread, 100% post in it.
The state of bitching about everything? Great stuff.

Not like we're getting help from moderation smashing threads they know to be horse shit.
Apologize for not living up to your standards. Do forgive me.

Apologize for not living up to your standards. Do forgive me.

It's not like that bro-hah. You've got shit to do. I know they've asked you mods to do a lot.

If you just outright shut down threads you know to be crap, even a third of them, maybe the regulars could deal with the rest.

All I'm saying here dude

It's not like that bro-hah. You've got shit to do. I know they've asked you mods to do a lot.

If you just outright shut down threads you know to be crap, even a third of them, maybe the regulars could deal with the rest.

All I'm saying here dude
If only you saw what is deleted before you see it lol.

You guys hear that? The faint sound of jimmies starting to rustle in the gentle evening breeze.

@JimRussel has a point. We've lost a lot of good members due to the downward spiral that this place is going through. It was never perfect, however you could count on the fact that stupid people and threads being were going to be shut out either by Mods, or by the masses.

Or just dont respond to what you arent interested in. Its this crazy thing people can do.

If you dont like the topic, dont post in the thread or reply to the post lol.
lol

Like that concussion thread? Yeesh...
Bingo. I was shocked to learn there arent masses of brain trauma experts here lol.
You guys hear that? The faint sound of jimmies starting to rustle in the gentle evening breeze.
rustlin-out-my-jimmies.gif

@JimRussel has a point. We've lost a lot of good members due to the downward spiral that this place is going through. It was never perfect, however you could count on the fact that stupid people and threads being were going to be shut out either by Mods, or by the masses.
We do what we can. Hard to be active 100% of the time and without threads being reported its not likely that they all get handled. Further, just because a topic is stupid to you doesnt necessarily mean its not allowed. That is why I often ask people to just not reply in threads they think are stupid. If its something totally retarded or trolling by all means hit that report button and we will get it cleaned up. If you dont want to report it then feel free to shoot me a PM and I will take a look.

Honestly, I don't think the forum has changed that much. There's always been a bunch of beginners posts, some going well, some going less well, a bunch of face-palm stuff, the odd sprinkling of gold.

The only thing that really changes is the activity level of the more informed people and the attitude of the longer term members. The forum goes through periods where people get tired of answering basic questions (and often being challenged to a fight when they do answer the basic question). And then retreat to the pub or some other place and talk random shit while complaining about the main.

As for losing people, well, people move on from pretty much every website. I wouldn't be surprised if people stick around here quite but longer than the average. I've been posting here since 2009 or so and quite a few guys who are here now were there then, or thereabouts.

People remember the old days with rose colored glasses. People in the old days were bitching about how much better it was in the days prior to that as well. Years ago this forum was all about Rippetoe (which a lot of people don't really favor him much anymore, advocating against using isolation work (which views have changed greatly on this), and other things where the views have changed. Similar threads always existed as well.

People remember the old days with rose colored glasses. People in the old days were bitching about how much better it was in the days prior to that as well. Years ago this forum was all about Rippetoe (which a lot of people don't really favor him much anymore, advocating against using isolation work (which views have changed greatly on this), and other things where the views have changed. Similar threads always existed as well.

I never quite understood why Rippetoe gets a lot of hate now. Can you fill me in on this?

I never quite understood why Rippetoe gets a lot of hate now. Can you fill me in on this?

Basically because he talks in absolutes all the time, like only he knows the truth. And the dieting stuff is specially nonsensical.

Back