How Should I REALLY Warm Up for BJJ Class??

I agree, it is good to put movements in warm-ups that will be relevant for the rest of the class.

We almost always do break falls and rolls though. Not that I am complaining. I don't mind them.

Honestly? I really like "light" 5 minute rolls between each technique and drilling with a partner, and to open up class. By "light" I mean no subs allowed, just positional

Warm ups before class should be common sense drilling related to grappling like break falls or drilling submissions or flowing rolling.

Never been a fan of the running in a circle and doing jumping jacks unless it's a conditioning class from the get go or your a competition school with a chasing medals focus.

I agree, it is good to put movements in warm-ups that will be relevant for the rest of the class.

We almost always do break falls and rolls though. Not that I am complaining. I don't mind them.

breakfalls and rolls have a place, important skill to learn for beginners especially

Honestly? I really like "light" 5 minute rolls between each technique and drilling with a partner, and to open up class. By "light" I mean no subs allowed, just positional

can work really nice if both the people involved can keep it light :)

Warm ups before class should be common sense drilling related to grappling like break falls or drilling submissions or flowing rolling.

Never been a fan of the running in a circle and doing jumping jacks unless it's a conditioning class from the get go or your a competition school with a chasing medals focus.

100%

can work really nice if both the people involved can keep it light :)

Ha! Yeah it's a running gag that when we do that it doesn't end up too "light" in the end. It helps when no subs are allowed though as there is no "end" to shoot for

Mobility drills and dynamic stretching, then flow rolling with people who aren't goddamn retards and can actually flow roll.

I also give 5 mins at the beginning of all my classes for mobilisation and light stretches before we get to the drilling (I just had missed that portion so didnt film it) :)

Back