How shady is a “15 month” suspension?

It's an absolute joke....

The UFC, AC, and USADA will respond by suddenly handing out harsh penalties to low level fighters to show they are serious about drug testing.

The UFC is truly the laughing stock of sports.

If nobody signs a contract to fight him, the fighters can effectively collude against him until he has served a sentence that is more on par with the sentences everyone else has been given. It takes two to tango. I wouldn’t blame other clean fighters from blackballing him out of his sellout reward.

There is only one arbitrator. The independent Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Arbitrators are not equal. This one is an employee of the UFC. The Court of Arbitration for Sport is independent. JJ wasn't treated as an adult, but as a child. It's an insult to everybody, including children.

https://scholarship.law.marquette.e.../&httpsredir=1&article=1482&context=sportslaw

It's not a position. I have no use for opinions. A repeat offender doesn't get away with 15 months in the real world. The Court of Arbitration for Sport follows standards.

If Dana and the UFC are not corrupt, then the Yakuza and Pride aren't either. And that's why I mentioned media. We are not going to see what happened to Pride in Japan happen to the UFC in the USA. Why?

Again you aren’t calling just Dana and the ufc corrupt but usada and the arbitrator as well.

You’re accusing usada and the arbitrator both of corruption. Actually you’re stating it as fact.

That’s a good question. We need more information. Why did USADA appoint McLaren for this case? We’re there meetings between the parties involved before the arbitration? Was the UFC involved in these meetings? If so, what was discussed? Why did McLaren feel USADA’s and the CSAC’s 18 month recommendation weren’t sufficient? What precedent or guidelines led him to reduce the sentence specifically by 3 months? Is it really just a coincidence this ends seven days before UFC 230, or was this a factor in the decision? We need Mueller on this case.
Dana has said he’s not fighting at 230.

It's about as shady as those TUEs that they give to Mayweather. USADA knows how to work with their business partners and make sure everything runs smoothly while giving a veneer of respectability.

UFC-Fighter-Jon-Jones-with-Stag-Arms-Rifle.jpg
InferiorBonyGossamerwingedbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

An independent arbitrator determined he didn’t intentionally take peds. I know it doesn’t fit the narrative that he’s been “juiced to the gills his whole career” for many.

Machida never even failed a test. He disclosed something he took that was recently put on the banned substance list and he wasn't aware of. They threw the book at him. Jones failed 2 tests. I'll cut anybody slack on 1 failed test, but 2? Come on. Diaz got the book thrown at him over weed.

Everybody should be dealt with by the same standards, and that's my problem. Intentional or not, he failed 2 tests. You'd think he'd be more careful about what he takes after the first one.

Dana has said he’s not fighting at 230.

At the Diaz/Poirier press conference he said that Conor wasn't going to fight Khabib, only to reveal a promo for it 30mins later.. I really wouldn't accept everything Dana says as true.

Not as shady as a 30 month reduction in return for turning over other people.

I was questioning the sentence before the Chael video and have the post to prove it. Don’t insult my intelligence. And I know USADA did 18 months and arbitrator dropped it, I actually addressed that, my question was why would the arby do that if Jon already agreed to snitch for 18 month sentence? If Jones doesn’t fight at 230 it could be because of CSAC, and his team miscalculated that last hurdle.

no, usada offered 18 months in return for co-operation, Jon didnt agree to that. He agreed to co-operation reduction, but still had the choice to go to arbitration.

if Jones accepted the 18 months it wouldnt have gone to arbitration

and if you read the arbitrators report you will see why the arbitrator reduced it by 3 months

(and no, USADA and UFC both expected the arbitrators to uphold the 18 months, this is why they made plans for Jones to return in the new year. Had they expect the arbitrators to reduce it further they would have made plans for Jones at 230.. obviously)

Machida never even failed a test.

yes, he did. check the suspension report. It clearly states that his sample was positive.

He disclosed something he took that was recently put on the banned substance list and he wasn't aware of.

you call more than ten years ago recent? DHEA has been banned for more than 10 years.

recently.. lol...

anything else you would like to completely invent/make up?

At the Diaz/Poirier press conference he said that Conor wasn't going to fight Khabib, only to reveal a promo for it 30mins later.. I really wouldn't accept everything Dana says as true.
I wouldn’t just default to the assumption that it’s shady because of timing relative to 230. Which is what i was responding to. It’s a double leap.

It's about as shady as those TUEs that they give to Mayweather. USADA knows how to work with their business partners and make sure everything runs smoothly while giving a veneer of respectability.
You think Brock and jones and anderson failing tests and being suspended for 1-2 years is everything running smoothly? Name another sport with such suspensions of the top names.

You think Brock and jones and anderson failing tests and being suspended for 1-2 years is everything running smoothly? Name another sport with such suspensions of the top names.

As smooth as possible with such blatant juicing. It's really just a slap on the wrist for damage control. Lmao at Bones with the 15 month suspension, magically just in time for the MSM card.

TS is quoting the chael video and passing it off as his thoughts.

I'm offended.

I’m still shocked this whole thing happened. Up until now USADA kept this appearance up of a respected organization. With this Jon Jones stuff they pretty much just said nah we’re a joke and don’t even give a fuck.

Has USADA ever levied a sentence that was not in 6 month increments? This seems to be the shadiest part of this deal. The arbitrator could have easily given him a mere 12 more weeks to make it a full 18 months and at least maintain some integrity for himself and the company. That would still be a slap on the wrist. At first I thought this was a requirement from Jones team in agreement for snitching, but didn’t they put that deal in place with USADA, who recommended the 18 months? Why would the arbitrator drop it down an additional 3 moths, and only 7 days before UFC 230, unless he was “compensated”.
Everyone knows how corrupt the UFC is
It's killing the sport to casuals

Shadiest part is that it was announced so perfectly. Not only is the suspension up just in time for nyc but it was announced the day before the mcgregor presser. Mcgregor gains all the attention and the Jon situation goes away after 12 hrs

You weren't the only one to notice that.

yes, he did. check the suspension report. It clearly states that his sample was positive.

you call more than ten years ago recent? DHEA has been banned for more than 10 years.

recently.. lol...

anything else you would like to completely invent/make up?

He did fail a test, but only after he declared it on his doping form. They contacted him about his form before his test results even came back. Also, he failed for 7-keto-dhea, which is not the same thing as dhea. 7-keto-dhea has only been banned by wada and nsac for 10 years. Usada banned it in 2012. California banned it in 2013.

Get your facts straight before you act smug online.

Back