How shady is a “15 month” suspension?

Lol you think USADA doesn’t know how it works? That’s like saying the DEA doesn’t know how drugs are being sold. They just need people to give evidence and testify.

If they did know everything you'd never see a top level athlete again.

It is because jj turned stool pidgeon and ratted. Just like you get a reduced sentence if you rat in real court.

If they did know everything you'd never see a top level athlete again.

No, you need evidence. “It’s not what you know it’s what you can prove” is literally one of the most common sayings in the criminal justice system.

I can't remember which commission it was but they asked Lord Chael for the same thing when he popped. Might have been California.

Chael was on a SHIT ton of steroids. So see you just accidentally admitted that USADA wants cooperation from the real juicers who are buying this shit.

so you watched chael's video and went with his opinion rather than actually thinking about it.

its really very simple.

USADA went into the arbitration heading requesting a suspension of 18 months (so 48 months less the 30 months for co-operating)

So USADA were asking for something that IS in a 6 month increment.

It was the arbitrators knocked 3 months off, NOT usada

ps. there are shit loads of examples of USADA giving 9 months which is not divisible by 6 either

pps. I jones fighting at 230? cos if not your theory goes to shit

I was questioning the sentence before the Chael video and have the post to prove it. Don’t insult my intelligence. And I know USADA did 18 months and arbitrator dropped it, I actually addressed that, my question was why would the arby do that if Jon already agreed to snitch for 18 month sentence? If Jones doesn’t fight at 230 it could be because of CSAC, and his team miscalculated that last hurdle.

An independent arbitrator determined he didn’t intentionally take peds. I know it doesn’t fit the narrative that he’s been “juiced to the gills his whole career” for many.
It's not an independent arbitrator. It doesn't matter if JJ did it intentionally or not. First-time offender Therese Johaug got 18 month for taking ointment giving to her by her doctor.

This is fricken kindergarten. We treat JJ as if he's a 4-year-old chewing on a crayon he wasn't supposed to eat.

Pride went bankrupt for this level of corruption. One thing is 100% certain, only corrupt media outlets would ever cover corrupt organization after this. We will see which media outlet is clean.

It's not an independent arbitrator. It doesn't matter if JJ did it intentionally or not. First-time offender Therese Johaug got 18 month for taking ointment giving to her by her doctor.

This is fricken kindergarten. We treat JJ as if he's a 4-year-old chewing on a crayon he wasn't supposed to eat.

Pride went bankrupt for this level of corruption. One thing is 100% certain, only corrupt media outlets would ever cover corrupt organization after this. We will see which media outlet is clean.

Again, who is corrupt? Usada? The arbitrator? Both?

You reference a case in skiing where a lighter sentence was changed by an arbitration hearing. Jones was reviewed through arbitration as well. Your position is that both usada and the arbitrator are proven corrupt (and of course the ufc and the media).

Has USADA ever levied a sentence that was not in 6 month increments? This seems to be the shadiest part of this deal. The arbitrator could have easily given him a mere 12 more weeks to make it a full 18 months and at least maintain some integrity for himself and the company. That would still be a slap on the wrist. At first I thought this was a requirement from Jones team in agreement for snitching, but didn’t they put that deal in place with USADA, who recommended the 18 months? Why would the arbitrator drop it down an additional 3 moths, and only 7 days before UFC 230, unless he was “compensated”.
no more or less shady than the 5,886,324,645,346,979 other threads about this exact same thing

Yea I thought too that was the biggest joke of this whole entire ordeal. I kept saying to myself, where the fuck did they get 15mo from LoL

Jones is the best fighter in world right now if not ever.

Being deprived of his excellence for 15 months is a long ass time.

Now Usada can continue their antics and Jones can get back to doing what hes the best at-

Kicking ass with spectacular martial arts expertise for our entertainment

Win/win

How do you know they haven't asked anybody else and they declined to cooperate?

I never said he knew more about the subject than USADA. That however doesn't mean that he can't provide them with necessary information. He's a top fighter. Of course he knows shit.

I can't remember which commission it was but they asked Lord Chael for the same thing when he popped. Might have been California.

Yeah, because Chael was juiced to the tits, haha. Sorry, but this whole situation seems like either something incredibly incompetent has gone on, or it's corrupt as fuck.

Yeah, because Chael was juiced to the tits, haha. Sorry, but this whole situation seems like either something incredibly incompetent has gone on, or it's corrupt as fuck.

Some kangaroo court judge in Canada reduced the 18 months to 15 months. If Jones fights at MSG then that's blatant corruption. No legitimate judge would let off a fighter with the same contamination story not once but twice. And his reason being is that since he passed other tests but failed one, then it's obviously a false positive; using that standard, almost all fighters that test positive are innocent.

Then there's USADA. If they believe Jones is a clean then what possible information could he provide? What warrants a 30 month reduction? Unless I see Jones testifying in court against a guy facing 20+ years for dealing steroids, then it's all just BS.

You reference a case in skiing where a lighter sentence was changed by an arbitration hearing. Jones was reviewed through arbitration as well. Your position is that both usada and the arbitrator are proven corrupt (and of course the ufc and the media).
There is only one arbitrator. The independent Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Johaug was later given a 13-month suspension by the Norwegian Olympic Committee. This ban would expire in time to allow Johaug to compete in the 2018 Winter Olympics. In March 2017, the International Ski Federation appealed this decision, arguing the suspension was at the low end of applicable suspensions and failed to reflect the fact that the athlete had missed a printed doping warning label. [14][15] On 22 August 2017 the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) issued a decision "in which Ms Johaug is suspended for a period of 18 months commencing on 18 October 2016" [16]. As a result of the suspension Johaug was not able to participate in the 2018 Winter Olympics.
Arbitrators are not equal. This one is an employee of the UFC. The Court of Arbitration for Sport is independent. JJ wasn't treated as an adult, but as a child. It's an insult to everybody, including children.
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has grown up and is flourishing after its first quarter century of development. It has lived up to its founders' expectations and is recognized as the world's supreme court of sport. The umbilical cord tied to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) at its formation has been severed. The now independent CAS has established a widely recognized body of arbitral jurisprudence and created a strongreputation that is recognized by athletes, federations, and sporting officials around the globe. The institution has blossomed as one of the world's arbitration adjudication bodies as revealed in its jurisprudence and its history.
https://scholarship.law.marquette.e.../&httpsredir=1&article=1482&context=sportslaw

It's not a position. I have no use for opinions. A repeat offender doesn't get away with 15 months in the real world. The Court of Arbitration for Sport follows standards.

If Dana and the UFC are not corrupt, then the Yakuza and Pride aren't either. And that's why I mentioned media. We are not going to see what happened to Pride in Japan happen to the UFC in the USA. Why?

That’s a good question. We need more information. Why did USADA appoint McLaren for this case? We’re there meetings between the parties involved before the arbitration? Was the UFC involved in these meetings? If so, what was discussed? Why did McLaren feel USADA’s and the CSAC’s 18 month recommendation weren’t sufficient? What precedent or guidelines led him to reduce the sentence specifically by 3 months? Is it really just a coincidence this ends seven days before UFC 230, or was this a factor in the decision? We need Mueller on this case.

Back