How Santiago Ponzinibbio Beat Mike Perry

a "push" 36

giphy.gif
I didn't say he did not strike him... that's why I said it was "more of a push." Maybe that wasn't the best discription though. What I meant to express about that back fist is that Plat didn't get knocked down by the force of the blow alone... he was on one leg & in the middle of a kick... & that had a lot to do with why Plat fell back. It was a nice little shot... but it wouldn't of floored Plat if he wasn't in the middle of that kick.

"only landed one jab" 36

ZQFiKSE.jpg
First & most obvious is that I said "hit to the head." Those stats cover "all" strikes including leg kicks. You will see below that I have accounted for 8 Ponzi strikes in round 1... & so their live stats are off by 2.

I got love for you bro.. so don't take this the wrong way but....

To be honest, I'm surprised it took this long for someone to quote me a google search on some fight metric bull shit numbers that are done on the fly & live.

I had the overwhelming advantage over those live stats... of watching the round afterward in slow motion... & I took notes & made time stamps. My stats are not from a google search. They are what I saw with my own eyes while doing a very careful study of the 1st round.

If you want to dispute my findings... then show me a time stamp where Ponzi struck him in the face outside of that light jab at 0:17 left in the round.

4:20 – Plat body kick
3:01 – Plat left jab to the chin
2:22 - Ponzi slips as Plat wings a punch just over his head that seemed to miss.
1:31 - Plat left body kick
1:29 – Plat hard right to the head & Ponzi reacts hurt & runs as Plat chases & lands a left to the head & a right body kick
1:13 – Plat hard left uppercut against the cage followed by left body shot. Ponzi spins out with partial takedown & lands a body shot as Plat gets up dodging a head shot
0:29 – Plat body kick
0:17 – Ponzi’s only head strike of the round. A quick and very light left jab to Plat’s right cheek.

Plat landed 4 heavy head strikes, a body shot, & 4 body kicks. The head strikes were the most significant strikes of the round by either.

Ponzi landed 5 Leg kicks that were mostly checked or rolled, & 2 body shots. I didn't time stamp that stuff, but I carefully counted them. Ponzi threw 43 attempted head strikes but only landed 1 light jab to the right cheek that didn't leave a mark.

Last edited:
That was obviously more of a push than a strike while plat was kicking that made him fall.

... and happened in the round after the eye poke
Lol a push? You have got to be joking. I can no longer take you serious

Last edited:
Lol a push? You have got to be joking. I can no longer take you serious anymore
Yeah, I should put a edit disclaimer on that post... I all ready got called out on it & corrected. That's good... I strive for the truth & only wish to speak truth.

What I meant to express about that back fist is that Plat didn't get knocked down by the force of the blow alone... he was on one leg & in the middle of a kick... & that had a lot to do with why Plat fell back. It was a nice little shot... but it wouldn't of floored Plat if he wasn't in the middle of that kick.

Lol tim means would fuck him up bad. Dirty bird is legit as they come. He could be in top 10 easily.

I use to be a huge believer in Tim Means and thought he was going to be a contender. But its been disappointment after disappointment with this guy. He should not be losing to Belal Mohamed and Moraes. He has issues beating guys out of the top 15.

Mike Perry isn't even ranked and never will be so who gives a fuck?

Let him go to Rizin and get face stomped by unknown asians.
There's not a single asian fighter at WW that would beat Perry or anyone in the top 25 in the UFC for that matter - they all suck.

Non-manlet asians don't cut it, just ask Hyun Gyu Lim.

I didn't say he did not strike him... that's why I said it was "more of a push." Maybe that wasn't the best discription though. What I meant to express about that back fist is that Plat didn't get knocked down by the force of the blow alone... he was on one leg & in the middle of a kick... & that had a lot to do with why Plat fell back. It was a nice little shot... but it wouldn't of floored Plat if he wasn't in the middle of that kick.

First & most obvious is that I said "hit to the head." Those stats cover "all" strikes including leg kicks. You will see below that I have accounted for 8 Ponzi strikes in round 1... & so their live stats are off by 2.

I got love for you bro.. so don't take this the wrong way but....

To be honest, I'm surprised it took this long for someone to quote me a google search on some fight metric bull shit numbers that are done on the fly & live.

I had the overwhelming advantage over those live stats... of watching the round afterward in slow motion... & I took notes & made time stamps. My stats are not from a google search. They are what I saw with my own eyes while doing a very careful study of the 1st round.

If you want to dispute my findings... then show me a time stamp where Ponzi struck him in the face outside of that light jab at 0:17 left in the round.

4:20 – Plat body kick
3:01 – Plat left jab to the chin
2:22 - Ponzi slips as Plat wings a punch just over his head that seemed to miss.
1:31 - Plat left body kick
1:29 – Plat hard right to the head & Ponzi reacts hurt & runs as Plat chases & lands a left to the head & a right body kick
1:13 – Plat hard left uppercut against the cage followed by left body shot. Ponzi spins out with partial takedown & lands a body shot as Plat gets up dodging a head shot
0:29 – Plat body kick
0:17 – Ponzi’s only head strike of the round. A quick and very light left jab to Plat’s right cheek.

Plat landed 4 heavy head strikes, a body shot, & 4 body kicks. The head strikes were the most significant strikes of the round by either.

Ponzi landed 5 Leg kicks that were mostly checked or rolled, & 2 body shots. I didn't time stamp that stuff, but I carefully counted them. Ponzi threw 43 attempted head strikes but only landed 1 light jab to the right cheek that didn't leave a mark.
Your boy needs to learn to keep his hands up. Just saying

Lol watch Ponzibibbio's other fights too. He has a great jab and good movement. His strategy against Perry was great. In and out, use the the, add a right hand every now and then, kick his legs off and he effectively used grappling. He's now on a 6 fight winning streak too. He's also a black belt in bjj. Not "highly techically skilled in any sense" huh?
It really wasn't, I was rooting for Mike, but both looked underwhelming imo. Santiago moreso than Mike, considering he was supposed to be one of the best boxers at 170. He constantly kept getting caught against a guy that was largely a one and done fighter.

Your boy needs to learn to keep his hands up. Just saying
Can alwayz follow that advice... but that's ancient history.

Plat dodged 43 attempted strikes to the head prior to being eye poked.

I think what he really needz is some of this training....

giphy.gif

It really wasn't, I was rooting for Mike, but both looked underwhelming imo. Santiago moreso than Mike, considering he was supposed to be one of the best boxers at 170. He constantly kept getting caught against a guy that was largely a one and done fighter.
What's this one & done thing about? I'm not following you.

Can alwayz follow that advice... but that's ancient history.

Plat dodged 43 attempted strikes to the head prior to being eye poked.

I think what he really needz is some of this training....

giphy.gif
Well you gotta have your hands up to defend eye pokes lol seriously though his hands were too low in the clip posted in the OP. Only excuse for that is if he is worried about body shots. I haven’t seen the whole fight

What's this one & done thing about? I'm not following you.
He mosmostly threw single, telegraphed shots against Ponzinibbio. I actually believe he wouldwould've finished him had he thrown more combinations.

He did a hell lot better than people thought he would tho, even if they're not giving him any credit.

I use to be a huge believer in Tim Means and thought he was going to be a contender. But its been disappointment after disappointment with this guy. He should not be losing to Belal Mohamed and Moraes. He has issues beating guys out of the top 15.

He is a very tough guy to finish though. Could be a bad night for perry. It was a split loss to belal anyway. At his best he can be in top 10 i would say but he lacks strength to compete with the top 5.

Back