How quickly history gets re-written. Compilation of people who picked Alvarez to expose Conor

PROlogic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Hmm. Doesnt that all sound so familiar?

Just replace the word Alvarez with Khabib and it's the same song and dance we are heading currently lol

When will people ever learn to stop doubting the king !

Conor

Why do so many people have such a hard time dealing with the fact that he is a great fighter? What exactly is the problem? If you think that he has not proven it, you are simply wrong.

I can't believe some people pick heads when tails is clearly going to win every time.

Wasn't the consensus on here that Alvarez was a dead man? I don't recall too many picking Eddie.

Wasn't the consensus on here that Alvarez was a dead man? I don't recall too many picking Eddie.

I do. The same amount right now picking against Conor McGregor this time. He is going to get worn down, beat up, gas out. Heard it all before.

Ya'll really have no clue who Eddie Alvarez is, do you?
Brenden Schuab: "If you think Conor is going to run Conor over you don't know anything about MMA"

Exact same thing is being said today

"If you think Conor runs over Khabib you don't know MMA"

Btw, why was this thread wastelanded? That's non sense.

It's entirely relevant to today (Conor vs Khabib) and how people are saying the same things all over again

If my thread was wastelanded then by the same logic any threads about any past fights should never be allowed

There are some real Conor hating mods on this site

What's up with that @Peteyandjia ?

Remember when people were claiming Dustin Porier was gonna destroy Conor, because Conor had never fought a "top 5 featherweight" before. People always tend to have a really crappy short term memory. And they always discredit a great fighter after they lose to Conor.

That being said though, let's not get it twisted... Khabib is a very, very dangerous man. Gonna be a great battle!

Conor

Why do so many people have such a hard time dealing with the fact that he is a great fighter? What exactly is the problem? If you think that he has not proven it, you are simply wrong.
People don't like his attitude. I don't like some things he says and don't like his arrogance but he is entertaining, smart and has charisma. So I like certain things about him and don't like other things. I think he takes Khabib.

The true delusion was the legion of Conor fans who honestly thought he would beat Mayweather.

Maybe thinking Alvarez would beat Conor was stupid -- especially in retrospect, once Conor had won easily -- but thinking Conor had a prayer against Mayweather was true insanity at any point in time.

Hahaha, great video.

So many people doubt Conor. It's not that Khabib can't win -- he can, but he needs to fight a perfect fight. Conor can end it with one punch, but Khabib needs to land at least one takedown every round. It might not be so easy for Khabib to take Conor down... Conor's movement is very good, and he's not going to be just standing there to clinch.

Aldo
Eddie
Chad

These three men alone we’re all supposed to kick his ass. 9-1 in the UFC won 2 belts. He has fought superior competition to his opponent as well. Conor can actually say that he won the legitimate belt. Khabib can’t.. Words can’t describe how lucky he was Tony got injured.

Aldo
Eddie
Chad

These three men alone we’re all supposed to kick his ass. 9-1 in the UFC won 2 belts. He has fought superior competition to his opponent as well. Conor can actually say that he won the legitimate belt. Khabib can’t.. Words can’t describe how lucky he was Tony got injured.

Why are you preaching to me? Lol. Are you trying to sell me something? Conor fans are SO weird, every discussion about a particular thing turns into a monologue about how great Conor is.

I agree with you, he’s a bad ass, one of the best lighter weight fighters in the history of mma. But he has weak spot, and the thing you mentioned about people noting his potential to gas, get worn out and beaten down is a very real possibility for him in any fight with a game opponent who has the skills or chin to get past the first couple of rounds with him. This is not myth, we’ve actually seen it happen, so if you’re a logically thinking person who can’t tell the future, you need to consider that possiblilty in this fight. Whether you put that at a 25% likely chance or 75% likely chance is up to each individual.

Back