How popular was prime Van Damme REALLY?

Apparently just a ruse JC and Dolph figured out in their hotel rooms beforehand

Did you really think he was on the level of Arnie and Sly? I mean those were the obvious cream of the crop top action guys. Not many are comparable to them. The second element to that is their movies get a much bigger marketing campaigns to elevate them even more.

I agree with others; the top second level/B-list guy.

Last edited:
I'd say he was a b-movie superstar. His films never had the budgets that the Arnie and Stallone films had, but we're still very successful.

Did you really think he was on the level of Arnie and Sly? I mean those were the obvious cream of the crop top action guys. Not many are comparable to them. The second element to that is their movies get a much bigger marketing campaigns to elevate them even more.

I agree with others; the top second level/B-list guy.
I'd say he was a b-movie superstar. His films never had the budgets that the Arnie and Stallone films had, but we're still very successful.

JCVD was never B-level at his peak. Stallone brought him in for the second Expendables movie because he knew JCVD was the real deal.

Wasn't he World Champion at one point?

I have never heard that, but he certainly competed. There is video evidence of that.

He's huge and is a Kyokushin karate competitor. Unless you're a pro fighter he's going to fuck you up.

I have never heard that, but he certainly competed. There is video evidence of that.

He's huge and is a Kyokushin karate competitor. Unless you're a pro fighter he's going to fuck you up.

My bad; according to Wiki, he won the European Kyokushin Championship in 1980.

HAH!! JCVD would have gotten creamed if Dolph threw down

Dolph was an accomplished Kyokushin champion and enormous . Van Damme was like 4 weight classes below him and had a brief run in tippy tap point karate.

Jean would have died.

He didn't become B level until like post replicant

In their primes (90-95ish)a high end budget for JVCD was around 30-40 million, most films were in the 15-25 million range. For Arnie, low end was around 60 million, with most falling into the 80-100 million range.

JVCD was the B-side in his prime.

In their primes (90-95ish)a high end budget for JVCD was around 30-40 million, most films were in the 15-25 million range. For Arnie, low end was around 60 million, with most falling into the 80-100 million range.

JVCD was the B-side in his prime.

low budget commercial movies is what you said

Just cause he was lower than Arnold doesn't mean he was B level.

What's this I don't speak French?

Do you read body language?

-Pretty basic body language-

It's a red carpet event, JC and Dolph appear to be having some sort of public beef; square up to each other, shoves are exchanged. It ends before shit gets too real.

In reality, reading the comments section - it seems it was a prank pulled by the 2 movie legends. They are friends I guess and they decided to pull a prank on everyone and pretend to beef on the red carpet. Looks like it fooled people.

d'accord?

Last edited:
Back