How overrated was Cain?

TourIsOverBoyo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's one of the more overrated fighters. He was very good but people were looking to crown him as GOAT after he beat up Brawk. Dude fights like once a year and looked like ass in his losses. He had potential but we shouldn't be seeing him on top 5 HW lists

he could've been the hw goat, but due injuries ruined him and his resume isn't that great honestly other than jds. his overall resume isn't close to Fedor, Nog, Werdum, and even jds has a better resume imo.

his resume has :
jds (great win)
bigfoot (good win)
brock (wasn't that amazing of a win honestly)
big nog( past his prime)
rothwell (solid win)
kongo (gatekeeper)

Last edited:
Cain is not overrated, have you ever watched his fights? He is a beast

Extremely overrated when it comes to achievements vs potential. Extremely unfortunate. He could have been a GOAT. But 9 fights in 8 years is absurd. And he fought the same 2 guys 5 times.

Sea Level Cain or Altitude Cain?

He isn't overrated at all. When he fights, he's one of the best of all-time. The only thing you can fault him on is his lack of activity. That, he deserves a ton of criticism for.

Extremely overrated when it comes to achievements vs potential. Extremely unfortunate. He could have been a GOAT. But 9 fights in 8 years is absurd. And he fought the same 2 guys 5 times.

Exactly. He had good wrestling, decent striking and pretty bad defense to be honest. One of the better current HW's skill-wise but we don't even know how he'd do against most of the division because he kept fighting the same guys over and over and over

Cain is not overrated.

Injuries ruined his career but still he kicks ass

He's definitely overrated in terms of the GOAT conversation.

His skillset was one of the best ever though. He just didn't have any durability.

At this point, we've likely seen the best of Cain. He will likely start losing reasonably regularly now I believe (though may still be a top 5 HW for awhile yet).

Top 5 in the GOAT HW list.

Chances of being champ again and going up on that list are present I would say.. then again I'm the more optimistic kind we will find out this year more on it.

Exactly. He had good wrestling, decent striking and pretty bad defense to be honest. One of the better current HW's skill-wise but we don't even know how he'd do against most of the division because he kept fighting the same guys over and over and over

More like those were the best available options at that time.. but hey look at fighter record let's not remember what the landscaped looked like.

No one complained at that time cause no better option.

Not overrated at all. Like others said , injuries have slowed his career. I think he beats Stipe and gets the title back.

In terms of merit he is definatly an underachiever. But in terms of skill i think hes the best HW ever. This is highly speculative and subjective though. The injuries just ruined him

He's a monster but his record speaks for itself, good not great.

He isnt overrated and I still want to see him vs stipe. I just wish that guy would stay healthy and train smart.

Top 5 in the GOAT HW list.

Chances of being champ again and going up on that list are present I would say.. then again I'm the more optimistic kind we will find out this year more on it.
Top 5 HW: Fedor
Nog
Werdum
Crocop
Couture
Donde esta Cain?

Back