How old were you when you left high school?

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was only 14yr old.
The family decided we needed to move to another country at that time so i had no choice but to leave and also say goodbye to my mates and girlfriend too.
Anyway i was gonna leave at 15.

Back then people that had a British working class life and mentality meant most never ever thought it was possible to go to university either. No, it was working in a factory or maybe if you were lucky get an apprenticeship. Getting into an office job seemed really kinda posh and really kicking outside of one's league.
The class system again.

Yeah some people did go on to further education but it definitely wasn't the usual or expected thing to do for most working class laddies.
Things really did start to change in Aussie and Kiwi society not long after i left school. It wasn't seen as something that you shouldn't even try to imagine anymore. It became perfectly feasible to expect to go to polytech and university no matter your background.
Those two countries were well ahead of England in this. Much more laid back societies, no class divisions and not so uptight.
Things have certainly changed since i was really young.

I think most people have the impression that the majority of Americans at the very least finish high school.

I was only 14yr old.
The family decided we needed to move to another country at that time so i had no choice but to leave and also say goodbye to my mates and girlfriend too.
Anyway i was gonna leave at 15.

Back then people that had a British working class life and mentality meant most never ever thought it was possible to go to university either. No, it was working in a factory or maybe if you were lucky get an apprenticeship. Getting into an office job seemed really kinda posh and really kicking outside of one's league.
The class system again.

Yeah some people did go on to further education but it definitely wasn't the usual or expected thing to do for most working class laddies.
Things really did start to change in Aussie and Kiwi society not long after i left school. It wasn't seen as something that you shouldn't even try to imagine anymore. It became perfectly feasible to expect to go to polytech and university no matter your background.
Those two countries were well ahead of England in this. Much more laid back societies, no class divisions and not so uptight.
Things have certainly changed since i was really young.

I think most people have the impression that the majority of Americans at the very least finish high school.
I don't areee with the picture you paint for the UK ...really intelligent people went to university, the rest left school and got a job......now every fucker goes to uni, and having a degree now isn't anywhere close to being as difficult to get or has the prestige it had 25 years ago.

29yrs old back in 1980

I come out of the womb as a Sophomore in college.

I was 17 at graduation and turned 18 3 days later.

Back