How Often is Joe Rogan Biased?

How often is Joe Rogan biased?

• Total voters
Everyone is always biased

6aa9cd12a233125ef443e9ed85aeba32.jpg

Voted Often.

His business is to help the UFC sell fights. To do that, he needs to get aboard hype trains and that ends up coming across as bias.

But everybody is biased....so, that's a bit pointless.

Voted sometimes.

I sometimes block out the commentary during fights but I have noticed he is biased at times and over exaggerates often. It's normal.

He is often biased and makes no bones about it. He is a color commentator.
There is no problem with him being biased apart from pissing off certain people, which he does from time to time.
He tries to hide his biases, but he's human and he gets caught up in the moment sometimes.

Hes a huge fan of the sport and gets excited. But he always gives both guys some credit.

Better than most the sherdoggers here who make predictions that are as bombastic as they are wrong.

I dont see it that often. Joe is a great commentator and hype man, cruz is a fuckwit

Meh.

He clearly comes into fights with an established perspective of each fighter and what they ought to do. He then follows that template in his commentary, even when the fight plays out differently. And he emphasizes the things he thinks each fighter should be doing, even if they aren't doing so effectively or very often.

So yeah, he is biased in that sense fairly often. But I think he is rarely biased in the sense of preferring one fighter to the other.

On the same point, I have often witnessed the phenomenon in other sports where fans are so biased that they accuse relatively objective commentators of being biased for not seeing everything one way. I'm not sure if that is at play here, but in some of the anti-Rogan threads that pop up after cards you can see it.

Meh.

He clearly comes into fights with an established perspective of each fighter and what they ought to do. He then follows that template in his commentary, even when the fight plays out differently. And he emphasizes the things he thinks each fighter should be doing, even if they aren't doing so effectively or very often.

So yeah, he is biased in that sense fairly often. But I think he is rarely biased in the sense of preferring one fighter to the other.

On the same point, I have often witnessed the phenomenon in other sports where fans are so biased that they accuse relatively objective commentators of being biased for not seeing everything one way. I'm not sure if that is at play here, but in some of the anti-Rogan threads that pop up after cards you can see it.

Yes I see it too. Fans who are hardnosed fanboys consider anything other than full nut hugging of their favorites as biased.

Its like the guy who calls a woman a lesbian if she doesn't want to sleep with him.

Voted sometimes.

I sometimes block out the commentary during fights but I have noticed he is biased at times and over exaggerates often. It's normal.

I mute the entire event. Between the promos, Rogan's constant bs, and that retard Buffer's spastic intros the fights become unwatchable.

Only one person says he's never biased. I hope Joe sees this. Personally I think he's virtually incapable of going through an entire UFC card without showing bias. He's too emotional to be entirely neutral.

Almost all the time... ;) My favorite Joe moment is when he starts hyping a fighter that isn't even in the match.

Joe has his favorites, but I always have a good laugh when he goes apeshit if there's any Eddie Bravo inspired jits during a fight. I think he lives to say gogoplata.

Someone instructs him to say shit on the headset, so it's harder to blame him than you think.

"Ronda's not just a once in a lifetime athlete, she's a once ever."

<30>

I believe 10 years back Rogan had better control of keeping a neutral stance on commentating but since 2011 he's only gotten progressively worse.

Back