How often do you train? No BS

Between 3-6x / week, minimum of 90 min sessions. Progress is a slow, elusive thing still, though. Lol. So I'll give myself a 4 or 5. I started at 40 so I have adjusted my expectations of success. Blue now at 45. I will earn my black belt though. I lift weights a bit on days I don't train. No other MA experience.

Last edited:
How many times do you grapple in a week? 3 x 1st week and 2 x 2nd week

What is your current skill level on a scale 1-10? 1 being a complete newb, and 5 being proficient and 10 being world class. Compared to what a blackbelt? 2

What are your goals? Fitness. Got tired of lifting 4 times a week and BJJ has always been great for something that's fun and can keep me in really good shape with a proper diet (which I always have).

When did you start training in grappling? How old are you now? 26, currently 34 stopped for 5 years

What other forms of physical activity do you do? Lift weights 2 x a week.

2-3 times a week Bjj when I'm healthy. Trying to bring it to four lately but it isn't easy.

I have an hard time rate myself but I'd say 4/4,5 maybe. I'm an hobbyist purple belt, I haven't been consistent in my training in the last three years due to a pretty bad injury to my shoulder that completely kept me from going for like 2 years (now recovered 100% luckily) and other stuff/minor injuries going on, and as a result I really struggle to keep up with the more athletic guys as I'm always recovering, coming back etc.. on the other hand, I train since a lot of years and I have a decent knowledge of some things/concepts so that's what save me I guess.

My goal would be to get as good as I can, training with more continuity and of course to get a (deserved) black belt not too far away in the furure, more because I truly love the art and it would feel so nice to finally reach it. If health/life will allow me, I'm planning to keep training hard until I'll reach that level, then I'll probably tone it down or even call it a day altogheter.

I started training a lot of years ago.. in the end of 2004.. but as I already wrote I was super inconsistent, loads of problems and really hard injuries, of this fourteen years I've trained probably only a couple adding it all up.. now I'm 33.

When I can I also lift weights, more to keep my body tighter than else.

Now I'm in my big time at the office but I still manage to do a 1 hour class and a 2 hour class for that time (about two months)

Rest of the year I do 3 daytime trainings of 90 minutes + 1one 1 hour class + 1 double class (2 hours), I also try to do about an hour of open mats on week ends. I also run a little, I do a 5 k once a week while my kids are doing their classes and I do a 10K when I can fit it in. I do stretching and neck and shoulders exercices every morning and I try to do somekind of full body training for about an hour.

I also do the parent/kid class with my son, he really loves it and it's good times

I like to workout everyday, I was used to that when I was a runner, you just can't miss days in your program if you want results, sometimes you just go even if you don't feel like it.

I'm lucky guy, I need to work 90 hours a week during 2 months and afterwards it's about 40 hours that I do whenever I want, so I can get to the 10 am classes, without a worry in the world.

1. I train BJJ four days a week. 2. Probably a five. I'm a blue belt, but I'm very young and have been training a long time. 3. I want to try and win some tournaments, and get up to Worlds or EBI. 4. I started training grappling/BJJ when I was as young as five. I've been training since and I'm 16 now. 5. Some basic striking training, also just regular working out and endurance training.

1. 7 classes a week gi and no gi. occasionally judo or a wrestling class as well

2. no idea im a 2 stripe whitebelt, id say im somewhere near the middle of the pack of whitebelts at my gym. Got bronze in my first tourney and double silver in open weight no gi and gi at my last tourney. Ill say 4?

3. "I dont believe in anything, Im just here for the violence." haha no but seriously im not entirely sure, i hope to go into law enforcement someday so the grappling should help. I am also a bouncer at a nightclub and it helps.

4. 22, currently 23

5. I used to powerlift / bodybuild. I love weight lifting but currently, I haven't been able to lift as much cause I am so focused on prepping for my next Bjj tournament. Also bouncing is a decent workout depending on the day.

Back