How Often do you Shower?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Weird question.. but I mean with training in your schedule.

Some of my friends (who don't train) think it is strange when I go to shower after training. I don't want to sleep in other people's sweat, or even my own. It can get pretty bad when rolling around in a gi (or even without) for an hour. Or wrestling, too.

So, how often?

Always shower after training

Always Be Showering

alec-baldwin-glengarry-glen-ross.jpg

Shower before AND after training (well... shower then run to training so I'm sweaty but clean?).

Never be the smelly one on the mat.

Always shower right after training and in the mornings to wake up unless I’m doing a morning class. Then I wait until after to shower.

I never shower right before classes. I kills your fauna and good skin bacteria. Leaves you more vulnerable to skin funk.

your friends are wrong, it's weird to not shower after class. My gym has showers there so I shower immediately after. If your friends trained they wouldn't think that.
My wife thought it was weird I refused to re wear a gi without washing. Saying I could wear it at least twice. Once I left it on the floor after changing, and she felt that it was soaking wet with sweat and was like "oh yeah you def have to wash this before wearing"

I usually shower in the morning. But when I train I shower when I get home. So usually once. Sometimes twice.

Sometimes if I've had some gnarly doo-doos I'll do a lower half shower before class, and I ALWAYS shower after class.
I rarely shower in the mornings and depending on when I go surfing or my love-making plans, there are non-training days when I won't shower.

Not showering after class is an easy way to get ringworm.

I also brush my teeth before I go roll... not sure if anybody can smell my awful coffee breath , but would rather not “be that guy”

Not showering is just disgusting

Sometimes if I've had some gnarly doo-doos I'll do a lower half shower before class, and I ALWAYS shower after class.
I rarely shower in the mornings and depending on when I go surfing or my love-making plans, there are non-training days when I won't shower.

This is pretty much what I do. I would love to shower in the mornings too but if I shower twice a day too often my skin just gets really dried out. People start thinking I have ring worm when really its just a patch of dryness due to showering frequency. I could just lather myself in lotion I suppose...

There have been days where I trained, went out drinking, and passed out on the couch. Honestly though, the stink is so bad I would ruin anything I sat on so I always try to go directly to the shower.

I used to have a car that smelled awesome - people would tell em how awesome my car smelled. Then I started driving home in my nogi stuff and I got fabric seats...My car does not smell so nice and it is very difficult to get rid of.

Even if I bring a spare set of clothes I feel like my sweat soaks thru that barrier too and gets to my car seat.

Anyone have a solution to the car seat smelling dilemma?

• Shower before you get in your car?
  • Buy a full body condom and wear it before getting in the car.
  • Seat covers/plastic bags

I make sure to shower after class, even if I’m doing two a days. If I just run or do my kettle bells I may stall on the shower,l an hour or two if I’m doing stinky shit around the house, like yard work or something like that. I will not sleep funky though. That’s disgusting.

This is pretty much what I do. I would love to shower in the mornings too but if I shower twice a day too often my skin just gets really dried out. People start thinking I have ring worm when really its just a patch of dryness due to showering frequency. I could just lather myself in lotion I suppose...

There have been days where I trained, went out drinking, and passed out on the couch. Honestly though, the stink is so bad I would ruin anything I sat on so I always try to go directly to the shower.

I used to have a car that smelled awesome - people would tell em how awesome my car smelled. Then I started driving home in my nogi stuff and I got fabric seats...My car does not smell so nice and it is very difficult to get rid of.

Even if I bring a spare set of clothes I feel like my sweat soaks thru that barrier too and gets to my car seat.

Anyone have a solution to the car seat smelling dilemma?

You may think changing doesn't help, but it definitely does. Air dry for a couple minutes with your rashguard off, then throw a fresh pair of shorts and a tee on. The key is to take your sweaty chones off and just commando it.

There's a guy in Austin who's notorious for taking a giant stinky before rolling. Stinks up the entire gym. Luckily he's in a different gym.

Not showering after training is just uncouth. I've seen a guy at my school put his suit after noon class and go back to his law office without showering. He doesn't roll, he just takes class, but I still think it's nasty.

i only shower in life after i train god nothing feels nastier to me than having man sweat all over me with a sticky rashguard i hate rashguards for this

I shower *ALWAYS* after training at the gym. On an occasion that showers at the gym and at home broke I took a swim in the local river.
I shower between gi training and no-gi training on days where I do both.
I sometimes shower before training when it's a hot day.

Man, I thought this thread would be about showering outside training days. Sometimes I put off showering an extra day to line up with training, but that's it.

Back