How often do you eat out? Tell me about your recent experiences.

I do $50+ meals a few times a month and it's usually for sushi.

As far as normal eating out goes ($20 ish per person), about 2 - 3 times a week.

Not counting fast food garbage. Actual sit down meals in a nice restaurant where you're going to drop at least 50 dollars per person. I probably go out with the wife about twice a month to a nice restaurant. Last month we went to the local sushi place and to a swanky Indian place. I think it's important to treat yourself. We've got a budget of course but we allow for a couple of nights a month like this. I was super impressed with the sushi place last month and left a huge tip, unfortunately that was the whole tip budget for the month so the staff at the Indian place didn't do so well LOL. Food was still really good though. Sushi and Indian are probably my favorite eating out meals because I can't even come close to replicating that food at home.
Only if she shaves. I might make an exception for redheads if the carpet matches the curtains and its at least trimmed.

This was a test. You're all poor.

We've got a budget of course

giphy.gif

Everyone should budget, that's how you keep money in your accounts. It's like healthy people keeping track of what they eat, " Oh you don't need to worry about that, you're already in shape". Nah, I'm in shape because I worry about that, cause and effect bro.
There's a whole world in between "do whatever I want whenever I want money" And "Mayberry poor".

as far as the $50 or more per person, that's probably every few months. As far as sit down places where you spend about $20 per person I'd say at least three times a month. The $50< a person places are pretty few and far in between, that is usually a steakhouse. I don't even spend $50 a person on sushi, probably closer to $30 a person.
The last one was a a Ruth Chris steakhouse, It was good, we each got a filet, creamed spinach, house salads the mashed potatoes and some fruit/ice cream dessert that was decent. Bill came in at about $150 for two of us not including tip. I ended up leaving a $50 tip, because the service was about as good as you can get and when they are that good I really believe in rewarding it. Honestly though for the money I'd rather have gone to a Brazilian steakhouse or one up in West Palm Beach called "the Okeechobee steakhouse" that place is pretty much the best steakhouse I've ever been to, it's just a long drive. The one great thing about it is they haven't re-decorated the bar since the 70's and the bar clientele is stuck in the 70's, it's like stepping through a time portal. The rest of the restaurant looks like any other steakhouse though.
we like going to texas de brazil. it's $50/person, but we go during lunchtime, it's only $25/person.

My wife and our friends do one nice out to dinner meal on the weekends. I also entertain clients at least once a week at high end places. It’s usually Italian, Japanese, or Mexican with our friends. With work it’s almost always expensive steakhouses. My issue isn’t the food...I can make good choices. It’s the booze. Hard not to imbibe. And I’m always day drinking on fridays so I’m up to 3x binging a week. Gotta cut that back to 2, sometimes 1.

we like going to texas de brazil. it's $50/person, but we go during lunchtime, it's only $25/person.
we have those down here too, honestly for some reason the Texas de brazil restaurants down here are pretty much considered the lower end of the Brazilian steakhouse places, all seems about the same to me other than the service isn't as fancy as some of the others, but they all cost about the same. We pay the same $50 for dinner and $25 for lunch. Although I haven't gone to one for lunch in at least four or five years, that's the kind of place I need a nap after and that doesn't sit to well with the bosses.

This thread has me wanting to go to one of these places now. I'm supposed to take a client to lunch this week, he wants to go to Twin Peaks, but for once I may have to overrule.

My wife and our friends do one nice out to dinner meal on the weekends. I also entertain clients at least once a week at high end places. It’s usually Italian, Japanese, or Mexican with our friends. With work it’s almost always expensive steakhouses. My issue isn’t the food...I can make good choices. It’s the booze. Hard not to imbibe. And I’m always day drinking on fridays so I’m up to 3x binging a week. Gotta cut that back to 2, sometimes 1.

If you don't stop drinking it just counts as 1 FYI.

Now I have a tough choice thanks to this thread
images
vs upload_2018-7-17_14-10-37.jpeg

we have those down here too, honestly for some reason the Texas de brazil restaurants down here are pretty much considered the lower end of the Brazilian steakhouse places, all seems about the same to me other than the service isn't as fancy as some of the others, but they all cost about the same. We pay the same $50 for dinner and $25 for lunch. Although I haven't gone to one for lunch in at least four or five years, that's the kind of place I need a nap after and that doesn't sit to well with the bosses.

This thread has me wanting to go to one of these places now. I'm supposed to take a client to lunch this week, he wants to go to Twin Peaks, but for once I may have to overrule.
do you guys have a fogo de chao? last time i was there i remember it being only about 30 ish/person.

do you guys have a fogo de chao? last time i was there i remember it being only about 30 ish/person.
the only one i know of is in Miami Beach, which means the parking will probably cost me as much as the lunch. I try to stay off the beach, too much construction going on. Although if I were to go, this would be the time of year to do it.

Duck pate, drizzled with syrupy aged vinegar, toasted nuts and mushroom powder, frisee in orange vinaigrette $12

Creamy sorrel soup with hard boiled egg $8

Miso sablefish with sauteed chantarelles, ramps and sungold tomatoes. $34

Medium rare sous vide beef short ribs in broth flavored with ginger, star anise and fermented black beans, some sort of eggplant based side. $30

Who wants?

Lol twin peaks. Must be a pervy middle aged man

Lol twin peaks. Must be a pervy middle aged man
well I work mostly in the construction industry, it's where most of my clients want to go to lunch.

Then again, yes I am a pervy middle aged man.

Everytime you're off at work and your gal gives me a call

<puh-lease75><{cum@me}>

<{1-69}><GinJuice>

Back