How obvious was it that Hawes would lose to Sanchez?

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
LOL - You KNEW what was gonna happen they way they built it up.

Hawes = From Jackson-Wink. Huge prospect. Claims to be as good as Jon Jones and trains with him. Bulging muscles and ripped

Sanchez = Goofy dude. Not terribly muscular or ripped or athletic looking. Kind of an "awww schucks" kind of guy.

Wasn't obvious to me, I remember Sanchez getting KOd quick by Kevin Casey in RFA so led me to believe Hawes would catch him. Was wrong

Wasn't obvious to me, I remember Sanchez getting KOd quick by Kevin Casey in RFA so led me to believe Hawes would catch him. Was wrong

Casey was probably juiced to the fucking gills at the time also

It just felt like the whole Micah Miller thing all over again. Some "stud" veteran who was gonna come in an mop up the entire season and then "Ooooops, subbed by Scuba Steven Siler".

The way they edit the build up always gives it away. They do this David vs Goliath type speech. This guy is huge, and this other doesn't look like he stands a chance blahah.

I remember a similar match up in the Mir/Nog season. One of the fighters I think called Mike Stewart, looked like a fucking specimen. Walked into the cage against Krsytof and got smashed in the first round.

The way they edit the build up always gives it away. They do this David vs Goliath type speech. This guy is huge, and this other doesn't look like he stands a chance blahah.

I remember a similar match up in the Mir/Nog season. One of the fighters I think called Mike Stewart, looked like a fucking specimen. Walked into the cage against Krsytof and got smashed in the first round.

You're probably thinking of the guy who fought Tom Lawlor in the elimination fights. No amount of editing would ever be able to make K-Sos look like the figurative David.

Sanchez is a different fighter since Casey. The last year and half at K Dojo has been very good for him. Much more dynamic with his striking plus getting that BJJ world championship on top of already great wrestling. I could see him winning the season.

The editing in the show was great. Here is the GUY to beat, some chiseled monster.... Cut to the red neck all alone playing a damn ukulele.

I love that he did lose, but it was hardly obvious, until Dana started talking that is.

You're probably thinking of the guy who fought Tom Lawlor in the elimination fights. No amount of editing would ever be able to make K-Sos look like the figurative David.
I've been trying to google it. I just remember the guy walked in looking like a movie villain henchman. Frank Mir was narrating like "This guy walks in incredible shape blah blah " I remember the guy had one of those crazy Kevin Randleman vertical leaps. Then he just get's fucking cleaned out. But you saw it coming a mile away.

Back