How much will this guy's insurance pay me after he wrecked my car

I'm pretty sure he is in violation of his loan agreement unless the lender is completely incompetent. You are going to have a rough time even if you took this guy to court. Not sure how the law works in your state, but a defense in mine would be the "clean hands doctrine". Basically, the argument is that you wouldn't be in court to begin with if you had insurance as you agreed to have under the loan agreement. It would at least mitigate damages.
You are exactly right. In most states it's illegal for a car that has a loan not to have full coverage. TS is up shit's creek.

At the least i want 15 grand from
This fucker. My hip is fucked and the cartilage is torn
Well you have a problem. You may have to sue 3 parties; the owner of the car, the driver of the car, and the insurance of the driver. And since you don't have full coverage on a car with a loan, you may be dropped by your insurance.

Feel so bad for you TS I know how you feel. I was 1 year away from paying off my 2012 mazda that was in great conidition was so ready to not have to pay a car note anymore. Then someone hit me from the back and the vehicle had insurance but the driver wasn't on the list so the company is trying not to pay. My insurance paid for everything and is currently in some sort of court battle with the other insurance company. I will get paid once it's settled.

Then right after that I get a new 2016 Mazda 3 and a guy hits me from the back cracking my bumper literally not even a week after having the car. Guy doesn't have insurance even though he did give me his insurance card.

I don't understand how so many people are driving around with no insurance this shit needs to stop. There needs to be scanners installed in cars that has a card scanner that insurance companies hand out to their members. You scan your card and your car will start if it's a valid insurance.

You can seriously fuck up someones life by driving with no insurance and totaling their car it's not right.

Feel so bad for you TS I know how you feel. I was 1 year away from paying off my 2012 mazda that was in great conidition was so ready to not have to pay a car note anymore. Then someone hit me from the back and the vehicle had insurance but the driver wasn't on the list so the company is trying not to pay. My insurance paid for everything and is currently in some sort of court battle with the other insurance company. I will get paid once it's settled.

Then right after that I get a new 2016 Mazda 3 and a guy hits me from the back cracking my bumper literally not even a week after having the car. Guy doesn't have insurance even though he did give me his insurance card.

I don't understand how so many people are driving around with no insurance this shit needs to stop. There needs to be scanners installed in cars that has a card scanner that insurance companies hand out to their members. You scan your card and your car will start if it's a valid insurance.

You can seriously fuck up someones life by driving with no insurance and totaling their car it's not right.
I seen a story not to long about a state that was trying to set up their red light cameras to scan license plates and to check a database to see if they had insurance.
I don't recall which state it was unfortunately.

I seen a story not to long about a state that was trying to set up their red light cameras to scan license plates and to check a database to see if they had insurance.
I don't recall which state it was unfortunately.
320px-Cropped-big-brother-is-watching-1984.png

Thats essentially what happened to me. Except i dont have collision coverage. Im
A safe driver so i didnt expect this to happen. Just a freak accident and shit circumstance. The driver has a difference insurance than the vehicle

I have liability only insurance
How do you only have liability on a car that you haven't paid off? You may be getting fucked if the dude didn't have enough insurance.

edit: just read the rest of thread. you're fucked.

Thats essentially what happened to me. Except i dont have collision coverage. Im
A safe driver so i didnt expect this to happen. Just a freak accident and shit circumstance. The driver has a difference insurance than the vehicle

Yep I plan on getting no drivers insurance. I was actually going to do it soon but now my insurance has risen a bunch. On top of that my daughter has been living with me for about 6 months now and the OAG is dragging their feet when it comes to stopping my payments. When I provided proof she lived with me they scheduled me for court 3 months later after waiting a month to review it.

How do you only have liability on a car that you haven't paid off? You may be getting fucked if the dude didn't have enough insurance.

What's even worse is someone took the loan out for him so that person gets fucked as well. What shitty situation all around.

The dude could have at least had the decency to kill me in the accident. But nooo instead he had to fuck my life up and let me deal with it

The dude could have at least had the decency to kill me in the accident. But nooo instead he had to fuck my life up and let me deal with it
Take it as a learning experience. Always have full coverage.

That gets into a situation where the owner of the vehicle can be sued for allowing someone to drive the vehicle but it can be drawn out for years. That's why you have uninsured or under insured coverage so your insurance company pays you and they go after the others.

Take it as a learning experience. Always have full coverage.
TS couldn't get the loan for what ever reason so he asked someone else. The other person should have applied for full coverage and collected the insurance money from TS. It amazes me that people with loans on vehicles even drive for one day without full coverage.

The whole "I'm a safe driver" junk is nonsense.

That gets into a situation where the owner of the vehicle can be sued for allowing someone to drive the vehicle but it can be drawn out for years. That's why you have uninsured or under insured coverage so your insurance company pays you and they go after the others.
TS has definitely omitted some stuff. If the driver who caused the collision has insurance but not for the car he was driving, it really doesn't matter. His insurance should cover it.

There are so many bad decisions made by everyone in this story. The driver for speeding. The driver's friend for letting him take the car. TS for not having the proper insurance. TS' friend for not making sure the car was properly insured.

Back