How much weight can I lose by not drinking water 24h?

L

Lissove

I will get to rehydrate in two hours, I weight 148 on strict diet right now, I would need to lose 3lbs. Would simply not drinking water till weigh ins get me rid off that extra weight, or should I take a salt bath? Wouldn't hot bath make me too loose and not fit to compete?

You only need to lose 3lbs of water weight, while being fully hydrated?

Yeah. I am asking if I will lose it simply by not drinking water for 24h
3lbs is nothing. Control your intake and sweat a little. You don't have to abstain completely from water for 24 hours, that would be stupid.

Ask your coaches.

As said above 3lbs of water is nothing. Weigh yourself the morning of the weigh in and go from there.

Three lbs? Don't dehydrate yourself, just hit a sauna for 30 min before you weigh in or sit in a hot tub for awhile or just take a big shit.

I've cut 15 lbs in 24 hrs before for a powerlifting meeting. 3lbs should be pretty easy.

I was going to say, take a shit. But ^^^ This guy beat me to it.

I will get to rehydrate in two hours, I weight 148 on strict diet right now, I would need to lose 3lbs. Would simply not drinking water till weigh ins get me rid off that extra weight, or should I take a salt bath? Wouldn't hot bath make me too loose and not fit to compete?
What's your timeline? If you have 3-4+ days, drinking a lot (1-2 gallons a day) for the first 2 days will make you dehydrate faster when you stop on your last day (although that may be excessive, I lost 7-8 lbs in the last day that way (to 160 lbs for reference). When I competed in Judo, limiting carbs for a day or two and not drinking (or drinking little bit of coffee) last 8 hours made for easy 3-5 lbs loss (also 148lbs for-145 wt class, though I usually weighed in 142-144)

What's your timeline? If you have 3-4+ days, drinking a lot (1-2 gallons a day) for the first 2 days will make you dehydrate faster when you stop on your last day (although that may be excessive, I lost 7-8 lbs in the last day that way (to 160 lbs for reference). When I competed in Judo, limiting carbs for a day or two and not drinking (or drinking little bit of coffee) last 8 hours made for easy 3-5 lbs loss (also 148lbs for-145 wt class, though I usually weighed in 142-144)
Tomorrow is when I am thinking not to drink anything but one cup of coffee or two. How much should I eat that day?

Tomorrow is when I am thinking not to drink anything but one cup of coffee or two. How much should I eat that day?
So, your weigh in is Saturday morning? That's plenty of time to lose 3lbs. You can drink coffee in small amounts (dark, no sugar), and sip on water as long as your total water intake is negligible (under 8 ounces), and eat low carb, as it will help you dehydrate (eat some tuna, low carb protein bars, salads, eggs all in minimal amount so you don't go crazy). Make sure you have bananas, electrolytes (gatorade or something), salty stuff, maybe light meal with carbs right after weigh in. That will help you rehydrate in time.

3lbs for not drinking over a 24h period is realistic, but you'll probably get headaches and feel like s***. I would cut all sodium for that 24h period as well.

Three lbs? Don't dehydrate yourself, just hit a sauna for 30 min before you weigh in or sit in a hot tub for awhile or just take a big shit.

I've cut 15 lbs in 24 hrs before for a powerlifting meeting. 3lbs should be pretty easy.
Yes, but did you have to compete in less than 2 hours later? Were you 145lbs? Percentages matter, bro.

It seems a bit late to be asking this question now. You should have worked this out ages ago and done a test run to see how much water you can cut. You won't need to not drink for 24 hours before to lose a measly 3lbs.

How did that work out for you?

Hey Lissove,

I just put up a video on YouTube showing how I dropped 5lbs in 2 hours by not drinking water and performing an MMA circuit. It's actually really easy to do that without dehydrating completely and too much planning.

To drop 10lbs + will then require planning and careful hydrations/superhydration up to 5 weeks prior to your weigh in. Hope the above and video helps.

Zeid

Hey Lissove,

I just put up a video on YouTube showing how I dropped 5lbs in 2 hours by not drinking water and performing an MMA circuit. It's actually really easy to do that without dehydrating completely and too much planning.

To drop 10lbs + will then require planning and careful hydrations/superhydration up to 5 weeks prior to your weigh in. Hope the above and video helps.

Zeid
This method may be of some use if your weigh in is 24+ hours from competition. I'm under assumption that the guy here has to compete 2 hours after weigh in. So, would it not be detrimental to work out for 2 hours prior to competition (we're not even sure what type of competition)? Unless, of course, the performance in competition is of no concern.

Back