How much Twitch streamers make

My internet upload speed is horrendous or I would have given this a try. Imagine making gobs of money just sitting at home playing video games.

This is a bit mean but I was watching some guy streaming Overwatch being a total asshole to someone because they lost a match. So I typed in chat that I was really enjoying his stream and I'd been trying to donate a couple hundred bucks but the donate button wasn't working. Guy went off the rails trying to work out why I couldn't donate to him. He was so upset. It was great.

My internet upload speed is horrendous or I would have given this a try.

This has been tried by countless people. Two things we lead to instant viewership numbers; youre a Pro level gamer in a specific game and or you piggyback off an already popular streamer.

Only other way is to become a known streamer within a specific game title from your personality. Though a lot of streamers get trapped in said game(or game genre) eventually eating away at them and their viewers.

One thing i dont understand is how Amazon Prime give Twitch users a free subscription each month. With $2.50 of the Amazon Prime cost going to the Twitch broadcaster. Thats 1/6th the cost of an Amazon Prime monthly membership going to an outside source.
It's an incentive for people to purchase Amazon Prime and to keep the service after the trial period is over. I wouldn't keep Amazon Prime if it wasn't for Twitch Prime. Giving out 1/6 of a profit you otherwise wouldn't get is completely worth it. Also the "outside source" has a partnership with Amazon and is an independent contractor of the company. So they're not really viewed as an outside source. Twitch partners make more money for Amazon than vice versa.

Back