How much sleep do you get everyday to have a productive workout?

7-9 is optimum
people saying less are lying or deluded
Occasionally I will get a golden 6-7 hour run, but agreed. I usually have to be in bed 8-9 hours to get any decent amount of actual sleep in.

Not getting good recovery has really put a cramp in my ability to work out consistently.

I'd recommend you hit a bump and go to the gym lol

Being productive isn't really a problem for me, at least as far as my current job goes. I can do much of it on autopilot if I've slept bad, I just feel like crap while doing it. Though feeling like crap is in itself enough to make it unsustainable for any extended period of time, of course.

If I want to be able think properly, and feel good, I need at least seven hours of sleep. Considering I work out quite a lot and need additional sleep because of it, I'd guess I average closer to eight hours per night, and even more on the weekends.

Agree with the posters who say anyone claiming to feel fine with 5-6 hours on average are deluding themselves. I know a couple of guys who sleep that little; They all have varying degrees of problems with being overweight, feeling depressed, not coping at work et cetera (all symptoms I used to have myself back when I was younger and didn't care about sleep). My impression is lack of sleep has a huge negative impact on your life.

So what happens if you're exhausted from the weekday and then sleep 12 hours a day on weekends?
idk the science behind it. but this guy says that doesn't work and you need to regulate your sleep pattern for a while before you get the actual rest needed

I get 5 on weekdays 7-8 on weekends. It works fine for me, Tiger Woods gets 5 every night and has since childhood and he did ok for himself.

DBAT9dcXgAAvcza.jpg

He looks tired.

I typically get about 6.5 hours of sleep per night during the week. In bed asleep by 10:00 and I wake up at 4:30 every morning to get my workout in. I prefer working out in the morning. I'm drained at the end of the day, and I typically use the evenings to work part-time doing independent contracting and working on pet projects with the wife. That works out pretty well for me.

I get around 6. I would like to get to about 7.5.

Back