How much PPV buys would Spence/Crawford do?

Im amazed about how much the publc in us are focus on the number sell of PPV.

Can somebody explain to me or if you have an article who speak about how much is the importance of PPV in boxing industry ?

I remember the declaration of David LEMIEUX after his fight vs GGG, he seems to be more sad to loose his fight because he have the chance to make a performance on ppv at MSG, than the fight himself

Can somebody explain to me or if you have an article who speak about how much is the importance of PPV in boxing industry ?

I remember the declaration of David LEMIEUX after his fight vs GGG, he seems to be more sad to loose his fight because he have the chance to make a performance on ppv at MSG, than the fight himself

Lemieux wanted to be on the PPV, to help boost its sales. The only reason PPV sales are important, is because Lemieux wanted to go into the UFC section of this site and brag about how well boxing PPVs are doing. Sadly, he wasn't on the PPV, and sadly, boxing PPV numbers are down.

Lemieux will need to find another subforum to troll. Perhaps I will direct him to the war room. Lots of trolling to be had there, especially for a Canadian.

PPV buys mean different things to different people, if you are in the business side, it's a good indicator of how healthy the market is

If you are just a fan , some to troll, others to confirm they watch a sport many people do, support thier guy, etc

Does anyone know how many people watched Crawford/Horn on ESPN+?

I want to see Spence break Crawfords will but its going to be one of these merry go round situations that ruins boxing. Expect to see the fight in 2020.

I want to see Spence break Crawfords will but its going to be one of these merry go round situations that ruins boxing. Expect to see the fight in 2020.
nah no way, I think it has to be by 2019 or E just leaves the division from weight drain.

They already tryed this with Crawford vs Postal and it didn't work out. It will do better than that but it won't do great.
Crawford vs postal did like 35 thousand ppv buys or something really low right?

They really have to build both before this fight which is fine but nobody is going to follow Crawford if he's only fighting on ESPN+
Did they even promote crawford vs horn on regular espn tv? I dont remember seeing anything

Im not at the point of wanting to see them fight right now. I want to see Spence fight Porter/Garcia winner, and Thurman. I want to see Crawford in with them also.

Ive got little doubt that those two are a notch above the rest, but I still want to see it proven first.

He does not seem to have much personality, I've seen him on Sway in the Morning and he's only of the only people I've seen on there who seemed like they didn't want to be there.
Crawford is one bland dude, the guy reminds me of shaq low energy on the mic

That’s depressing. Crawford turns 31 in September, so his prime is quickly running out. He’s such a superb athlete that he might be able to extend it longer than most fighters, but does anyone really want to watch a 33 yo Crawford fight Spence? It might be like watching Pernel Whitaker fight De La Hoya. If I remember correctly - it’s been a long time - you saw flashes of the brilliance, but nothing he could sustain for long periods of time.

Crawford vs postal did like 35 thousand ppv buys or something really low right?
I don't remember the number but it was definitely really low. Crawford has got a little more attention since then but I don't think his popularity has gone up that much. Spence is definitely more popular than Postal obviously but I still doubt this would do good numbers. They are going to need to wait a bit if they want it to make them a good amount of money so I'm not expecting this to get made soon.

Lemieux wanted to be on the PPV, to help boost its sales. The only reason PPV sales are important, is because Lemieux wanted to go into the UFC section of this site and brag about how well boxing PPVs are doing. Sadly, he wasn't on the PPV, and sadly, boxing PPV numbers are down.

Lemieux will need to find another subforum to troll. Perhaps I will direct him to the war room. Lots of trolling to be had there, especially for a Canadian.

Im tired so I’m not entirely sure where you’re going with this but it really looks like something I’d like, so there ya go.

Did they even promote crawford vs horn on regular espn tv? I dont remember seeing anything
I almost never watch ESPN but I can't even remember seeing an ad during Loma Linares. There must've been one but it doesn't stick out to me.

Crawford is one bland dude, the guy reminds me of shaq low energy on the mic
Yeah if I didn't know who he was I'd just assume he shows up to takes naps or just promote a strong napping culture in 2018.

I don't mind because I love watching him fight but there's no way he'll be a PPV draw like this

crawford just fought in vegas and they closed off the entire upper level. spence doesnt have much more of a following. the fight is a hardcore fans dream, but neither of them capture the public's imagination. Black fighters tend not to be very marketable here in the United States unless they have big personalities. Both of these guys have the personality of wallpaper. You have to make people care about you. they both want to make fans care through their fists only, and so far they are failing miserably.

together, they might do well, but it would be dwarfed by anything canelo is a part of. he has the "it" factor, like him or not. they don't.

Crawford only sold 5000 tickets against Horn, and cant even sell out his home arena with a historic unification bout.

I hear stories of how Crawford is unapproachable, doesnt like talking to fans, giving interviews, etc. Doesnt help his popularity.
horn probably sold 2000 of those

Both of these guys are just right now barely hitting their stride. Maybe let them be built and promoted a bit?

I don't remember the number but it was definitely really low. Crawford has got a little more attention since then but I don't think his popularity has gone up that much. Spence is definitely more popular than Postal obviously but I still doubt this would do good numbers. They are going to need to wait a bit if they want it to make them a good amount of money so I'm not expecting this to get made soon.

It could wind up like devon alexander vs tim Bradley both undefeated and the top of the 140 division remember that fight? It was similar everyone was calling it leonard vs hearns of the modern era, it wound up to be a dud and boring.

Back