How much power did/does Nick Diaz have in his hands?

JudoBitch

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
He has like 13 TKO's but is that because of raw power or him out cardioing someone and wrecking them?

One and a half power.

Volume puncher but his hook does some damage when it lands right

he is not a one punch ko power guy, no. but "out-cardio"ing isn't a very complete picture at all. yes he has cardio, but he beats guys with punches.

this
article calls it "flat footed, volume punching style of attack."

When Nick Diaz fights...he's looking to press forward, trap his opponents in a corner and hooks to the head and body until his hand gets raised. With his opponents standing completely still and trapped against the fence Diaz doesn't need footwork, he doesn't need speed, and he doesn't need tons of defense....Trapped in a corner, Nick Diaz was able to hack apart Takanori Gomi, B.J. Penn, Paul Daley, Evangelista Santos, Frank Shamrock, Scott Smith and countless others with his flat footed, volume punching style of attack.
Frank Shamrock once said "his punches don't hurt, but after 100 of them you fall down". when asked why he fell down if they don't hurt, he replied with confused enthusiasm "I don't know!"

tough chin, good cardio, flat footed, punches in bunches. again, the article above explains it well. "Nick Diaz is simply designed to fight the way he fights, and not many other fighters are."

Right hands sponsored by kush

Accumulative damage and/or just landing the right punch on the right spot with the right technique. You don't always need raw power to KO/TKO someone.

Nick Diaz's style is like someone holding an a 5 pound dumbbell in front of you

It's easy for a bit, but after some time it gradually becomes more tiring and begins to strain you.

Volume fighter 101.

Whereas a guy like Rumble is a 500lb barbell lol

Flat lined Robbie Lawler with a right hand......

Flat lined Robbie Lawler with a right hand......
the punch you don't see....

that was so awesome. i recently read about that fight; Robbie thought he was just coming in for a bout, suddenly this skinny guy across the way is yelling "209" at him, calling him a bitch, exclaiming "uhh, that stung, didn't it bitch" after every landed shot....Robbie had no clue - hell, no one did - the level of head gaming and psychological warfare he was in for.

has a ref ever cautioned another fighter about the no verbal taunting rule? if so, i've never seen it.

then the punch he never saw. what a brutal night for Robbie. and me and a handful of others have been an unwavering fan of Diaz ever since.

In almost 40 pro fights, he has exact 2 KOs. It should be pretty obvious, if he has KO power he doesn't use it.

Mike Tyson meets Lance Armstrong

Back